Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin Today with Kiami ( Stan)

Myself and Kiami (Stan) got out to the Basin today, and found some space rocks. Stans finds were to the right and my finds were to the left. The big one weighs 220 grams, the basin is still giving it up... you just have to work her hard... :brows: Stan also found the missle looking thing in the middle laying on the shaft, Stan thinks it might be part of a weather balloon, if anyone knows, please let us know.

Dave

post-1046-0-62453800-1304219948_thumb.jp

post-1046-0-64097800-1304220179_thumb.jp

Aloha everyone,

Had a great time hunting with Dave out at Gold Basin. We had a great morning and really hit a small area pretty hard. Dave got the proze of the day with his 220 gram GB. I guessed 212 so I was pretty close. My finds were found just barely under the surface and are as follows:

32.4 gram, 20.5 grams, 13.8 grams, 11.8 grams, 26 grains and my hardest find was 4 grains. Looks like my GMT and that large coil are still functioning after all BUT I still intend on sending it in for some servicing isues.

We finally took a break around noon and after that it was like the meteorite switch was turned off. Not one hit! NADA! Zilch!! Sqaudoosh!! Geez, what else can I say!

Dave: I had a great time and thanks for the invite on that section of land. Anytime you need company just give me a holler.

BTW, I cleaned up my little "missile" thingy and it has a circuit board and a battery built into the unit. Looks like there is an antenna protruding from the nose cone so I am guessing a weather transmitter of some sort unless Uncle Marvin wants to step forward and say it is his reentry space module.:brows: Pretty neat conversation piece next to my meteorite specimens for sure.

Aloha and stay safe everyone,

Stan aka Ka'imi

post-1619-0-59337300-1304221631_thumb.jp

post-1619-0-57799700-1304221645_thumb.jp

post-1619-0-06418500-1304221657_thumb.jp

Great job you guys. Now I'm breaking out with the shakes and Jim says the only cure is to go meteorite hunting.

So with that said, I hope I have as much luck as you guys.

Stay safe,

Richard aka kgmrg :thumbsupanim

Myself and Kiami (Stan) got out to the Basin today, and found some space rocks. Stans finds were to the right and my finds were to the left. The big one weighs 220 grams, the basin is still giving it up... you just have to work her hard... :brows: Stan also found the missle looking thing in the middle laying on the shaft, Stan thinks it might be part of a weather balloon, if anyone knows, please let us know.

Dave

That's what I am about! Awesome! Would have loved to have been there! Congrats!

Jim

Nice job gentleman, well done on the GB hunt and great finds. It must has been fun to find that biggie. That is part of a weather balloon, its the Radiosonde. I guess it has seen better days...Jason ;)

Dave,

I forgot to ask....was this your first meteorite over 200 grams? If so, you are automatically abducted into the 200 Clubparty-smiley-027[1].gif Congrats!

Jim

Good job Stan!

Aloha everyone,

Had a great time hunting with Dave out at Gold Basin. We had a great morning and really hit a small area pretty hard. Dave got the proze of the day with his 220 gram GB. I guessed 212 so I was pretty close. My finds were found just barely under the surface and are as follows:

32.4 gram, 20.5 grams, 13.8 grams, 11.8 grams, 26 grains and my hardest find was 4 grains. Looks like my GMT and that large coil are still functioning after all BUT I still intend on sending it in for some servicing isues.

We finally took a break around noon and after that it was like the meteorite switch was turned off. Not one hit! NADA! Zilch!! Sqaudoosh!! Geez, what else can I say!

Dave: I had a great time and thanks for the invite on that section of land. Anytime you need company just give me a holler.

BTW, I cleaned up my little "missile" thingy and it has a circuit board and a battery built into the unit. Looks like there is an antenna protruding from the nose cone so I am guessing a weather transmitter of some sort unless Uncle Marvin wants to step forward and say it is his reentry space module.:brows: Pretty neat conversation piece next to my meteorite specimens for sure.

Aloha and stay safe everyone,

Stan aka Ka'imi

Thanks everyone,

Jim- Yes my first gold basin rock over 200 grams, I thought it was an old tin can, as it sounded off so loud on the detector, it was about an inch down completely covered.

Frank- Me and Stan took a ride next to your claim to look for you but didnt see any vehicles, you and Marvin must have been hiding underground. :shhhhh: You found some more gold ??? Please post a pic, oh and P.S. leave us some... hehe.

Dave

Dave and Stan, Great Job Guys!! WOW a 220 grammer, way nice!!! Funny, I often don't find one till it's 4:30 pm then it's a race with the sun. I found a weather ballon like thing like yours once up on a ridge (Mount Charleston), but it was more complete. It had a compartment with a cotton bag inside with an address on a tag, the instructions said "put the instrument in the bag and put it in a mail box", so I did. Good Hunting Guys!!!