Nugget Shooter Forums

Hangen with The Studmuffin Twins

John B.

Hi All

I invited the Studmuffin Twins to one of the last huge nugget patches and meteorite strewnfields in Az. :huh: You know the ones were the nuggets and meteorites are big and plentiful :) !! I even offered to buy Cheeseburgers and supply air conditioning so they wouldn't crack a sweat :shrug: !! Then I'ld even let them fondle my finds :nutty: !! With only a few simple conditions :hmmmmm: . They couldn't lick or bite any of the nuggets ( I know how cranky Scotty gets when he hungry) :nono: ?? They didn't get to keep anything but the cheeseburgers :grin: !! And finally that Scotty maintains a mean look to ward off any possible thieves, hyjackers, hygraders, toliban, or foreign armies :yikes: !! And Russ keeps an eye on his little brother :whaaaa: !! We then commenced to clean out the Az Mines and Mineral Museum and lighten it's gold and meteorite display by a ton or two :scare: !! Now that it's all hidden away from the public in safety deposit boxes it's truly a shame that the museum is loosing most of it's mineral displays :cry2: . Because progressive liberals are doing their darn est to erase mining from our history. Without mining we have absolutely no future, crops, clothes, communications or transportation. We got nothing at all other than caves and rocks and sticks to plant crops and stone beasties with :baaasmiley: . Nothing happens until someone mines something !! Thanks Russ and Scotty for a fun day and all the help you guys are a hoot :wub: !!

Happy Huntin John B.

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi All,

The staff at Arizona Mines and Mineral Museum was near tears :wah2: when John started loading up all of his many pounds of nuggets, specimens and every type of meteorite you could imagine in the galaxie. :zapped: What a shame to have someone so willing to share such a beautiful collection with the public and we lose the opportunity to see it because our politicians. :zip-lip:

One of the women who works there came over just when John had finished cleaning out one of the display cases and she says OH MY...! you've stripped it clean... :yikes: I told her he is the same way out at a nugget patch... he stripes it clean too :yuk-yuk:

John has the most impressive collection I've ever seen... it's just a shame he can't share it with the public like he wants to... :aw-shucks: I guess now's a good time to thank John for his willingness to share such a beautiful collection with us. ;)

I want to thank John for taking the time to teach us about meteorites and to be aware of them out in the field while detecting for gold. I have found 2 new meterorite discoveries -thanks to John's schooling. One is a very rare meterorite, it is . . . wait for it . . . wait for it . . . a H-melt rock :rolleyes: What ever that is, first one in the U.S. the second one is also a rare one as well but it's not classified yet so, :zip-lip:

John, we had a great day, thanks for the feast at the Claim Jumper... :wub:

Thanks John for the Great display at the Museum. Over the years our club met there every month and when you bought your raffle tickets you had to walk past John's display and it was the most impressive . It will be missed as well as the Museum will be missed .

Glad to see you found some good security for the job .

Guest goldstudmuffin

This is all just plain sad... What is happening to our country and it's history?

All politicians should serve two terms, one in office... and one in jail! :hmmmmm:

Hi All

I'm trying to have a little fun on a sad sad situation. Mark I believe you are correct in the train wreck coming. I have always thought of prospecting and meteorite hunting purely as a hobby and never cared much about the money that could be made. I always hoped others would help and support these museums because for a long time now they had virtually no funds to acquire specimens. Yet there are many gorgeous and interesting specimens found by many on these forums. Oh well maybe in the near future Phoenix will have a privately funded mineral museum that will be able to sustain itself on it's own merits. Happy Huntin John B.

• 2 weeks later...

We then commenced to clean out the Az Mines and Mineral Museum and lighten it's gold and meteorite display by a ton or two :scare: !! Now that it's all hidden away from the public in safety deposit boxes it's truly a shame that the museum is loosing most of it's mineral displays :cry2: . Because progressive liberals are doing their darn est to erase mining from our history. Without mining we have absolutely no future, crops, clothes, communications or transportation. We got nothing at all other than caves and rocks and sticks to plant crops and stone beasties with :baaasmiley: . Nothing happens until someone mines something !! Thanks Russ and Scotty for a fun day and all the help you guys are a hoot :wub: !!

Happy Huntin John B.

Hi John B-

That's a shame. I visited that museum a few times and it had a terrific collection. Almost every major city has a museum of natural history and Phoenix deserves the same.

Steve