Nugget Shooter Forums

Here we go again!!!

I want to say something to the folks running the Country, and BLM, but I am concerned that I may come off as a bit angry. That might make them simply close their minds and dig in deeper to stand their ground, and that is not my aim. So how do I express my concern? How do I make them understand that taking away my right to use and enjoy MY land makes ME angry? Any ideas? I don't have any. I'm just angry. - Terry

:*&$*(: GOOD QUESTION :angry-smiley-010[1]: Unfortunately I believe I know where it all ends and we aren't there :grr01: comment in writing and NOT petition,participate in open meetings discussion groups,pack legislatures pockets fulla cash like the environutz and tribes and tell'm to go :muted: themselves-John

Wow, Well i finally think they have done it ,They are showing there true colors, Our land for there agenda.They are going to have everyone fighting them on this, green and others,next thing you know they will turn the land over to someone like China :*&$*(:

How can these areas be closed due to sensitive habitate ,Then be turned over for this,?????????????

I seem to approach things on not quite a negative side but sometimes maybe the darker side. Yet others have referred to me as a crusader type of thinking. I believe in standing up to what's right. But that can only be an opinion. So my opinion is to share and share alike. We can all coexist. But the liberal or environmental thinking is to overtake our present country. To ideals that fit there needs or wants only. By not sharing and disrupting every existing policy out there.

As conservatives, we don't decorate our lawns with political signs generally. If you get my drift. We are peaceful, not intruding on others, and enjoy a simpler calm way of life.

But maybe it's time we train our minds to fight back by taking the lead. By starting to introduce so many different kinds of legislation to keep the liberals or environMENTAlISTS on the defensive instead of the offensive. Instead of most of us all the time on the defensive and appearing weak.

Maybe it's my training with our government on special missions back in the late 60's. Or my involvement as a World Trade Responder. Working in counter-terrorism, as a TSA officer, or being a former New Yorker. Where when "things get tough the tough get going". Today that same term is used as "proactive".

Sorry if I offended anyone. But we can all share and coexist in life. Equality and constitutional rights.

Jimmy-Explorer

They pass this and I will have new shooting targets out in the desert. :*&$*(:

Its time to listen to Ronald Reagan again....

SUMMARY: The Assistant Secretary of the Interior for Land and Minerals Management proposes to withdraw approximately 677,384 acres of public lands from settlement, sale, location, or entry under the public land laws, including the mining laws, on behalf of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to protect and preserve for a 5-year period, 24 Solar Energy Study Areas, now known as proposed Solar Energy Zones (SEZ), while they are analyzed for future solar energy development as part of the Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement for Solar Energy Development in Six Southwestern States. The lands will remain open to the mineral leasing, geothermal leasing, and mineral material laws. On June 30, 2009, a Notice of Proposed Withdrawal was published in the Federal Register (74 FR 31308), which segregated the lands from settlement, sale, location, or entry under the general land laws, including the mining laws, for a 2-year period. This new Notice slightly amends the prior proposal and provides revised legal descriptions for the proposed SEZs to include some additional lands. It also terminates the segregative effect as to lands no longer included in the proposed withdrawal.

DATES: Comments must be received by July 20, 2011. The BLM will hold a public meeting on the proposed withdrawal. The location, date, and time of the scheduled public meeting is listed in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section below.

ADDRESSES: Written comments should be sent to the BLM Director, 1849 C Street, NW., (WO-350), Washington, DC, 20240.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Linda Resseguie, BLM, by telephone at 202-912-7337, or by e-mail at linda_resseguie@blm.gov; or one of the BLM State Offices listed below.

:*&$*(: Add this to the list of acreage the state of AZ want from the BLM (known gold producing area) near Wickenberg, AZ. :*&$*(: The fat cats get fatter...What we once did for free, we will now have to pay and pay. Justwho are they kidding, how many people are allow to walk around a wind farm, or solar farm today. Get your gold now, Robert

:*&$*(: Here is the two new rules that allow BLM to do pratically anything they want to do...

http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/info/newsroom/2011/april/NR_04_25_2011.html

And map for the , Mohave Wind Farm Project....

http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/energy/wind/mohave/reports.html

Guess, who is in charged of this one??? BP!

I am not good at writing letters. But on a more calmer note. Last week I emailed as one of the communication choices to Nancy Berry here in Durango, Co. Concerning proposed road closures on BLM/forest lands. With the angle on what choices do us Americans have with vacations. I do not wish to spend my hard earned money overseas even if I could. I cannot travel far into other states. Due to the high prices of gasoline and air fares. I am disabled, any new changes in federal law must adhere to the federal disability act. If this applies here. I do not have the choice of access by walking miles high above or below then returning as such. But access with my jeep along with my oxygen I can still enjoy the beauty of our lands.

With this solar energy move -ok. But does all the surrounding land need be off limits to our pleasures. If necessary a fence can be installed around the proposed solar towers for security. Or just close off the areas immediately surrounding the towers. Similar to cell phones. We all want cell phone service but not cell phone towers in our back yard. I wrote to Linda in email form. Along with some ideals from above.

What is wrong with putting solar facilities on RECLAIMED mining sites? Maybe fill in some shafts while they are at it. :idea:

It would be just like our liberal friends to put them on top of a billion dollars worth of minerals or in places we use for recreation. :nutty:

Do you hear any whining about desert tortoises, three-toed lizards or spotted owls in this plan?

See how they are???

It seems to me that the "Assistant Secretary of the Interior for Land and Minerals Management" is overstepping his or her authority.