Nugget Shooter Forums

I am GeoCommunicator challenged

I was kind of combing through the geocommunicator and came across something that confused me a little and would like to know if someone here can explain to me the current status of this claim in layman's terms? Is this claim open and active? Or is it saying the claim has been forfeited and is no longer workable? I am new to the whole claim paperwork stuff so I apologize if I sound stupid. Thanks.

Chris

The link you gave doesn`t work for me but it is harder these days to look on geo communicator for claims. You can still do it but it is more work involved. You have to right click on the map to check that section for history, ie active, closed, etc. Read the instuctions on the site , it will tell you but it only says the name of claim and sections. You have to go to blm to check on exact boundarys. Maybe someone else knows an easier way.

Jerry

The link you gave doesn`t work for me but it is harder these days to look on geo communicator for claims. You can still do it but it is more work involved. You have to right click on the map to check that section for history, ie active, closed, etc. Read the instuctions on the site , it will tell you but it only says the name of claim and sections. You have to go to blm to check on exact boundarys. Maybe someone else knows an easier way.

Jerry

Jerry, thanks for the reply. I forgot to paste the correct link when I submitted the post. It didn't work for me either. It works for about 2 minutes then don't work anymore. I do know that it says case disposition is CLOSED and on 4/4/2011 the action remark states FORFEITED.It is the ADK claim for the GPAA. Here is the info:

CA 21

T29S

R39E

Kern County

California

Online info will just give basic info and is not up to date or very accurate in many situations. A trip to the BLM or County recorders office is the only sure way to research claim info!

Boots on the ground!

Well I reall y dont know what forfeited means on the site but usually if someone let a claim go it would of been most likely in october showing closed as they didn`t pay the fees before September 1 of 2010, I think. <_<

So forfeited at 4-4-11? Date doesn`t sound right to me. Maybe the land status changed or something like that.

Only way to know is like El Dorado said, you must go to BLM office and check personally on the status of the land. They are usually helpful to me when I go there but in Sacramento office.

Jerry

:thumbsupanim El D nailed it as usual. Boots on the pavement OR simply get your location exact and call the BLM community room and you can get all info by location or claim name or claimant name or by section and only 10 CENTS A PAGE delivered to your doorstep pretty darn quickly. :inocent: Great article in april ICMJ on claims---John :miner: