Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Desertsunburn

Franconia Hunt 4-26-10

Hi all!

That's 4/26/11

After hearing about Richard's find on 4/25 and after seeing a nice picture of it, I began having DT's and convulsions from meteorite hunting withdrawals, Wendy kicked me out of the house early this morning. Well, I headed for Franconia to hunt and had a very good day. Arrived as the sun was coming up and the wind was blowing but not bad enough to worry about.

Got to hunt with Richard until 2pm and we both had to depart for home.

My finds were as follows....

1. 17.6g OC

2. 7.9g OC subsurface 2"

3. 15.9g OC

4. 228.1g OC thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Spent the rest of the time trying to get Richard to stop crying! happy0193[1].gif And digging 50 cals and a bunch of lead

This sure makes up for the skunks at Gold Basin!

Cheers!

Jim

Nice haul. Let's see a pic of the big boy.

Great goin' Jim.....

Keep it up.

Patrick.....

DSCN0142t.jpg

Warning, it's a marco file (abt 5mb)

DSCN0142t.jpg

Warning, it's a marco file (abt 5mb)

Great Job Dude,

Did you post a photo of the Rock you found when we went to GB?

Wow !!! Jim... Nice find, those big ones sure are getting rare these days, dont tell me you found that big one on the south side.. those are like a needle in a haystack, hehe.. nice find. Congrats...

Dave

Man thats a sweet find, way to go!! And thats a great picture.

Great Job Dude,

Did you post a photo of the Rock you found when we went to GB?

Hey Rubin!

It's really good seeing you back posting on the list! Yes, I sure did post a pic of it in one of the Gold Basin topics. Went back and hunted the Goldenrite claim with Stan and skunked out. That place drives me nuts.

This space rock was found sort of near where you found one of the big ones!

BTW, my coffee mugs and t-shirts turned out pretty good!

Talk to you soon!

Jim

Wow !!! Jim... Nice find, those big ones sure are getting rare these days, dont tell me you found that big one on the south side.. those are like a needle in a haystack, hehe.. nice find. Congrats...

Dave

Okay, I wont.

Jim

Sweet find Jim. Uncle Marvin would be proud of you.

Hi all!

That's 4/26/11

After hearing about Richard's find on 4/25 and after seeing a nice picture of it, I began having DT's and convulsions from meteorite hunting withdrawals, Wendy kicked me out of the house early this morning. Well, I headed for Franconia to hunt and had a very good day. Arrived as the sun was coming up and the wind was blowing but not bad enough to worry about.

Got to hunt with Richard until 2pm and we both had to depart for home.

My finds were as follows....

1. 17.6g OC

2. 7.9g OC subsurface 2"

3. 15.9g OC

4. 228.1g OC thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Spent the rest of the time trying to get Richard to stop crying! happy0193[1].gif And digging 50 cals and a bunch of lead

This sure makes up for the skunks at Gold Basin!

Cheers!

Jim

Jim

I just finished wiping the tears from my eyes. To say great job and enjoyed being there with you on your great find. Richard AKA kgmrg :*&$*(:

Look at the texture on that thing. Sweet! Nice find.

mick

Jim, Great Find Man!!! So sweet!! All that walk'n and swing'n pays off big sometimes! Great job!! I probably walked right by it a week or so ago, dang. Good Hunting!! Clifton

Jim, Great Find Man!!! So sweet!! All that walk'n and swing'n pays off big sometimes! Great job!! I probably walked right by it a week or so ago, dang. Good Hunting!! Clifton

Just curious...were you in a red vehicle? If so, I saw you on my way back from Gold Basin!

Jim

Aloha Jim,

It was so funny whenever sent me a photo of a find I was in the process of loading luggage into the back of my van at work for a Delta crew. And then nothing for awhile.

Just when I thought you were finished BAM you send me a pic of that big one. Did I guess right on the weight or what?

Hopefully I will be able to get a nice specimen from Gold Basin this weekend if my jeep gets fixed in time.

Good job buddy!:thumbsupanim

Aloha and stay safe.

Stan aka Kaimi

Aloha Jim,

It was so funny whenever sent me a photo of a find I was in the process of loading luggage into the back of my van at work for a Delta crew. And then nothing for awhile.

Just when I thought you were finished BAM you send me a pic of that big one. Did I guess right on the weight or what?

Hopefully I will be able to get a nice specimen from Gold Basin this weekend if my jeep gets fixed in time.

Good job buddy!:thumbsupanim

Aloha and stay safe.

Stan aka Kaimi

Gathering intel on other hunt location. Moving satellites now to do radar/laser imageryrolleyes.gif

What time you heading out? Wendy is trying to get rid of me!

Jim

Just curious...were you in a red vehicle? If so, I saw you on my way back from Gold Basin!

Jim

Hey Jim it sure wasn't me, I have an older 2 door green ford explorer. We will probably bump into one another sooner or later. Clifton

Hey Jim it sure wasn't me, I have an older 2 door green ford explorer. We will probably bump into one another sooner or later. Clifton

I may hunt this weekend at Franconia.

Stan, if ya get yer nellybelle road ready an make a trip out there keep an eye out I'll be camped an crusin the weekend there with the Tundra pickup drywashin an detectin. Have to have ya stop over for some campfire chat an D.D. Coffee. May be a few of us camped in a group.

Stan, if ya get yer nellybelle road ready an make a trip out there keep an eye out I'll be camped an crusin the weekend there with the Tundra pickup drywashin an detectin. Have to have ya stop over for some campfire chat an D.D. Coffee. May be a few of us camped in a group.

I have to ask...what is D.D. coffee???:unsure:

Wendy says the weather news report for this weekend (Friday and Saturday) is not good for Franconia or Gold Basin with high winds.

Just checked wx underground and they are saying up to 40mph gusts with 15 to 25mph sustained. So far, if it's blowing....Gold Basin really blows! What do you guys think???

Jim

I may hunt this weekend at Franconia.

Say Jim, I won't be hunting this weekend, too much home stuf to do. Maybe a quick trip on Sunday to any nowhere to look for coldies, that's it. Good Luck Hunting Franconia!! Clifton

Aloha Jim,

Bring on the wind man, I still have some of the Puerto Rican Rum left that needs to be used. :thumbsupanim

HMMMM! I know it kicks butt with a can of coca cola BUT i wonder how it would go with some coffee? Well, only one way to find out!:inocent:

Frank, i just called the shop and cancelled my plans for work on the jeep. One has to get their priorities in line so I am sending my GMT in to whites for a tune up and while that is being done I will work on the jeep. BUT in the meantime, I need to get a meteorite fix this weekend or I may just go postal.:nutty:

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi :olddude:

Just a light breeze out of the South at the moment at Lake Havasu.....

I will try to update you guys early in the AM.

Patrick.....

HMMMM! I know it kicks butt with a can of coca cola BUT i wonder how it would go with some coffee? Well, only one way to find out!

Stan,

WELL if it don't work I have some firewater we can use....... :evil1:

Frank, i just called the shop and cancelled my plans for work on the jeep. One has to get their priorities in line so I am sending my GMT in to whites for a tune up and while that is being done I will work on the jeep. BUT in the meantime, I need to get a meteorite fix this weekend or I may just go postal.:nutty:

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

If you make it out there I should be there around noon tomorrow and stayin till monday. Should be camped around mid way or at the top of Gladiolus be runnin around with the Tundra.

Its the other halfs birthday sunday so I promised her some 1 on 1 time with the headphone splitter :wub: and a meteorite and also a nugget.!!!!

WOW I hope I didn't stick my neck out too far with those promises. :bang:

3:50 AM in Lake Havasu. Light wind out of the SW. It could double, and still be ok for hunting.

I'm really not sure how to compare Havasu to Franconia even though there is only about a 23 mile separation. The topography is a bit different. And I'm too sleepy to drive out there to find out.....

Good luck to all.

Patrick.....