Nugget Shooter Forums

ML service/repair USA, update Thanks Awout and Minelab.

Hi All

Here is an update on the my GPX 4000 repair. I received a call from the manager of the repair facility in IL. It turns out that the detector is not fried. It does not need a new board, or major repair to the board at all. He told me that there was a mistake and that the switchs will be replaced at no charge and that the detector would be checked out completely. What a major relief. I must say Minelab stepped up and will do what is required and more, to get my detector back asap. I have been on a emotuonal roller coaster that has really been a boomer. I want to thank Minelab for making this right and I am very happy with Awout's(Avout) handling of this unfortunate event. His fast responce has done a lot to restore my confidence and respect for Minelab and their products.

Thank you Awout ,and thank you Minelab.

After a long tough day and evening I had decided to just forgo large repair costs and fall back to my other detectors this year untill I could decide what to do for a main detector. I was thinking wheather to spend over 1100 in repair or if it would be best to just get the 4-6k together and upgrade to 4500 or maybe a 5000. Thank goodness I no longer have to make that decision now. I am very happy with the suport. I am glad, right or wrong, that I elevated this instead of just blindly approving a repair that was not needed.

Thanks to all for their support and friendship.

CH

It's really ashamed that one must become the squeaky wheel in order to get the grease. Glad it worked out for you. They really do need to get their act together!

Hi All

Brown santa dropped off my 4000 today at noon :) by noon 30 it mounted up and checked out. The new switchs, ML replace all of them, are great and the detector is working just great. Ready to hit it this summer. ML shipped it over night which was above what needed to be done. Thanks ML service for stepping up. :thumbsupanim

Keeper Swinging

CH