Nugget Shooter Forums

Here is a good one from ML repair

Hi All

Beware of the ML service center in IL.

I sent my trusty GPX 4000 into the the IL repaire center about 3 weeks ago. Never herd a thing from them untill today, It seams my GPX 4000 is totaly fried. Will not power up, or any thing, and a new board is 1100.000. The thing is it was working fine on Thursday, and I shipped it on a Friday the next day. To have just the front switchs replaced, The mode select, and a coil/Rx switch EST 95.00. Now that has become 1100. Because my detector is fried some how?????? If that is not bad enough They don't have parts to fix anything that old(GPX 4000)?????? no telling when they will get them. I asked how did my detector get fried and they just replyed that it was that way when they opened the box. So I asked what parts failed, reply we have not trouble shot it so we don't know what parts failed but we do know we don't have the parts to fix it Wasn't the 4000 and 4500 the flagship detectors 8 months ago? Dealers where selling new in the box 4000 a year ago. What I realy want to know is how did my detector get fried in the box from here to the service center???? Did some moron there short it out when they plugged it in to checkit out?

Turned the corner don't think so. Not a happy camper.

CH

Hey Colorado Oro (CH)- WOw that is expensive for a new board for the 4000, I talked to the minelab service manager at the gold show, was talking about the 4500, and he told me a new board for the 4500 would be around $500 , I wonder why the 4000 would cost you $1100, maybe they dont have that many parts for it, dont know ????? :???:

Do the Australians have the same type of issues with thier repair facility? If they do not, then maybe they should fly the general manager over here to facilitate and get things turned around.....

Somehow that just doesn't sound right... Can you get your dealer involved Chuck? Perhaps they can supply some history to ML or....? Not sure on the costs for replacing boards, but if a detector is past warranty it seems the only route and still cheaper than a new detector. Still I think your dealer should be able to get some more info for you on prices and why....

Hi Col. Oro,

Any word on whether or not this has been resolved for you? I'm in the market for a new detector and have been watching this thread closely on both forums. Thanks.

Chris

Hi Bill, Chris

Yes it has been resolved. Minelab USA stepped up and I got the real good result from the right person in charge. See the update post.

Thanks to all my friends and support from Awout at Minelab USA. After two phone calls today with Minelab, My detector is repaired and on it's way home. at no cost for the Switchs.

CH