Nugget Shooter Forums

Found Today at Gold Basin !!!

Just found 1 today at the Basin, getting a suntan.... Nice day today to be hunting. :D

Dave

post-1046-0-45037100-1303527862_thumb.jp

Just found 1 today at the Basin, getting a suntan.... Nice day today to be hunting. :D

Dave

Cool deal Dave! Is that pic in Situ or did you have to dig that puppy?? It looks clean, like it was exposed on the surface.

Man, I sure skunk there a lot.

Jim

Aloha Dave,

Nice meeting you at the gold show on sunday. Yep, we definitely need to hook up out at gold basin. Any day saturday thru monday will work for me.

BTW, nice find for gold basin and yes it is getting harder to locate them meteorites since all the new "no trespassing" signs have been popping up everywhere.mad0229[1].gif

Aloha and stay safe this summer.

Stan aka Kaimi :olddude:

Dave

Well done, Dave, thanks for sharing your find. Looks like a nice one.

Hi Ed, Steve, Patrick, Jim, Terry... Thanks...

Kaimi (Stan)- Good to see you again at the Gold Show..Your right Stan.... tons of no trespassing signs, even on BLM Land. I met a friend of mine when we went. I guess that guy that is mining on the side of the hill came down to him, and told him not to be hunting anywhere near his land, and all he was doing was sitting on the side of the road waiting for me :*&$*(: . Hmmmmm, if that is private land he owns, I wonder if he owns the mineral rights to all that mining he is doing, and if it BLM land, he has no rights to placing no trespassing signs up, we can go camp on that land if we want.

Dave

Dave

If you check the LR200 there is no claim on where he is running everybody off of.

Here is the link for GeoCommunicator:

http://www.geocommunicator.gov/blmMap/Map.jsp

Once you open it up just zoom in to where you want to look for a claim. Then click identify top left, then go back to where you want to be to see if someone has a claim on that spot.

That will bring up a different box click on mining top right then click Reports for the LR2000 to see if there is a claim.

I might be wrong on how to use this, but I did check with the BLM, and I think I got it right, if I'm doing it wrong, and anybody else knows how to use this please let us know..!

DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR

BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT

MINING CLAIMS

(MASS) Serial Register Page

Run Date/Time:

04/23/11 10:42 PM

Page 1 of 1 

NO WARRANTY IS MADE BY BLM FOR USE OF THE DATA FOR PURPOSES NOT INTENDED BY BLM

Serial Number

01 10-21-1976;090STAT0090;43USC1744

Case Type   384201:  PLACER CLAIM

Claim Name: MEUN'US III

Case Disposition: CLOSED

AMC3323

Lead File Number

Name & Address

ASKIN BARBARA

CLAIMANT  0.00

2821 WYANDOTTE LAS VEGAS, NV 89102

ASKIN TOM

CLAIMANT  0.00

REED MARLYN

CLAIMANT  0.00

REED MELVIN

CLAIMANT  0.00

ROBERTS DAVID G

CLAIMANT  0.00

1140 JANET LN PAHRUMP, NV 89060-3234

ROBERTS FAYE M

CLAIMANT  0.00

700 AMARILLO AVE PAHRUMP, NV 89048-5511

ROBERTS LARRY W

CLAIMANT  0.00

3391 HARDY LN PAHRUMP, NV 89048-2816

ROBERTS PAUL L

CLAIMANT  0.00

Int Rel         % Interest

District

County / State

MOHAVE County, AZ

KINGMAN FIELD OFFICE

14 0290N 0180W 013

NW SW

Subdivision

Mer Twp  Rng  Sec

03/23/1977

LOCATION DATE

04/07/1977

RECORDATION NOTICE RECD

Act Date

Code

Action Text

Action Remarks

Receipt Number

09/15/1987

EVID OF ASSMT FILED

03/07/1994

CASE DESTROYED

03/10/1988

LAND STATUS CHECKED

12/16/1987

ABANDONMENT CLAIM VOID

03/25/1977

COUNTY RECORDATION

77-7331;383;293

DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR

BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT

MINING CLAIMS

(MASS) Serial Register Page

Run Date/Time:

04/23/11 10:47 PM

Page 1 of 1 

NO WARRANTY IS MADE BY BLM FOR USE OF THE DATA FOR PURPOSES NOT INTENDED BY BLM

Serial Number

01 10-21-1976;090STAT0090;43USC1744

Case Type   384201:  PLACER CLAIM

Claim Name: MEUN'US III

Case Disposition: CLOSED

AMC3323

Lead File Number

Name & Address

ASKIN BARBARA

CLAIMANT  0.00

ASKIN TOM

CLAIMANT  0.00

REED MARLYN

CLAIMANT  0.00

REED MELVIN

CLAIMANT  0.00

ROBERTS DAVID G

CLAIMANT  0.00

1140 JANET LN PAHRUMP, NV 89060-3234

ROBERTS FAYE M

CLAIMANT  0.00

ROBERTS LARRY W

CLAIMANT  0.00

3391 HARDY LN PAHRUMP, NV 89048-2816

ROBERTS PAUL L

CLAIMANT  0.00

Int Rel         % Interest

District

County / State

MOHAVE County, AZ

KINGMAN FIELD OFFICE

14 0290N 0180W 013

NW SW

Subdivision

Mer Twp  Rng  Sec

03/23/1977

LOCATION DATE

04/07/1977

RECORDATION NOTICE RECD

Act Date

Code

Action Text

Action Remarks

Receipt Number

09/15/1987

EVID OF ASSMT FILED

03/07/1994

CASE DESTROYED

03/10/1988

LAND STATUS CHECKED

12/16/1987

ABANDONMENT CLAIM VOID

03/25/1977

COUNTY RECORDATION

77-7331;383;293

Dave

I have or had permission to hunt on the subdivisions in gold basin since 2000. When sold it was over per lot. Some people now have rights to a block watch which has come from the trash left by those that would litter the area. Yes!!! Meteorite and Gold hunters!!!. The area was pristine when I first started hunting and now a mess. Blame the people who I have seen parked and hunting with detectors and have driven back to find cans and bottles left at the scene of the crime. My self and others have packed this refuse out and wonder what it takes to pick it up. These people just might make a differenct even if they do not know BLM from privite property. Thats what GIS and GPS is all about. I even posted in the past that finger prints still speak on those cans and bottles, if it was practical we would proscute all those responsible for the trash that exists. :twocents:

Wayne

Hi Ed, Steve, Patrick, Jim, Terry... Thanks...

Kaimi (Stan)- Good to see you again at the Gold Show..Your right Stan.... tons of no trespassing signs, even on BLM Land. I met a friend of mine when we went. I guess that guy that is mining on the side of the hill came down to him, and told him not to be hunting anywhere near his land, and all he was doing was sitting on the side of the road waiting for me mad0229[1].gif . Hmmmmm, if that is private land he owns, I wonder if he owns the mineral rights to all that mining he is doing, and if it BLM land, he has no rights to placing no trespassing signs up, we can go camp on that land if we want.

Dave

Dave,

Same thing happend to some of us....just parked along the road. Reminds me of folks running big Meth labs in the desert. Happened here in La Paz County.

Yeah, that is on T29N R18W SEC 13. It is private property, not BLM land (ref BLM Surface Management Status 2006). Thus the reason for no claim. It crosses Greggs Hideout Road and goes west about 300 yards...and borders the National Park to the North.

It is my understanding (and there is evidence) that they blocked the road which is just past the park entrance heading South that goes to the landing strip, John's property and the GPAA and other claims. They brought a tractor in and made large berms across the road and put a gate in at one side. Obviously that did not work!

It is my understanding, in AZ you can NOT block a road without providing access to where ever that road goes along the easement of the property....or something close to that. I should take time and look that law up so I can quote it properly.

Did the guy threaten in any way about shooting your friend or "can be shot" and was he carrying a gun?

Jim

seas3to5

Do not trust LR-2000 or geo to give you the right facts. The true story rests in the county filings for the claims.

Wayne

Wayne is right on here. However, all of them can be somewhat out of date.

Here...this is the best tool there is for Gold Basin and property...... I use the Township and Range search. You can make awesome little PDF maps for your hunt area.

http://mcimv.co.mohave.az.us/imf/sites/moh/jsp/launch.jsp?popup_blocked=true

Once you launch it, just do a search for T29N R18W ALL and that gets you in the ball park

I know most are not going to like this but most of the land in that area can NOT be hunted without permission. Regardless of what you think you can do.

And yes, the trash sucks in the desert. WTF, over??? Wendy and I hauled 23,000 lbs of trash out of the desert in 2010 Most by hunters, shooters and campers. Here is a load from 4 hours worth of clean up in just one small area! We really try to keep our deserts open!trash.jpg

Jim and Wayne

Thanks for the information, it always blows my mind when you see what some people will do when they go out into the desert, and leave all they trash behind, if you brought it take it with you that is all there is to it.

There is nothing worst then driving in thirty miles, thinking that you are one of the only people to hunt an area, only to find trash all over the place.

My thanks go out to you and Windy for doing your part to keep the desert clean..!

Rick

Dave Jim Rick

Nice specimen Dave. Great job Jim that’s a bunch of trash!!!.

Dave knows first hand living in Dolan just how bad the trash dumping is. Every ravine is getting loaded and the perps are moving farther out to dump. Its no wonder the locals are a little up tight with the cans and bottles in the basin. We are all suspect and some are responsible. I was working with ERACE http://www.co.mohave.az.us/ContentPage.aspx?id=128&cid=295

A team of sheriff deputies targeting the dumping. I was able to find enough evidence in the piles to trace the individuals for fines restitution and clean up. The GPS locations helped as well for patterns of the dumping. If the lab has time they will check prints and in the very near future one could get a fine in the mail. All these agencies need money bad. Here is my friend Sonny O'hara checking my finds. And a map of the field for the new people.

Good Hunting

Wayne

post-1528-0-96739300-1303684414_thumb.jp

post-1528-0-33592900-1303684474_thumb.jp

post-1528-0-07278600-1303684697_thumb.jp

I agree on the trash, its getting bad. When detecting, and I come across trash that I can carry out, I pick it up, and take it out. I dont have a problem with no trespassing on private land, but if on BLM land, that gets me :*&$*(: My garmin gps topo map shows a checkerboard of BLM land, private lands, state lands, park service lands, ect, so I know where I am when driving in the Gold Basin area.

Seas3to5- Like Wayne says, the BLM geocommunicator is no longer updating and is slowly being phased out as of 2/24/11. Would be nice to have something online showing current mining claims, because 99% of people are not going to go to a BLM office and look up where they are going to go prospecting, so that means they will more than likely hunt on someone elses claim.

Jim- ( Desertsunburn) Wow !!! what a lot of trash you get out... I need to hunt in your area's I know for sure they will be trash free... ;)

Also the guy did not threaten my buddy, but talking to Stan- (Kiami) I guess the same guy came down to him once, with his hand resting over his gun in the holster.. I guess Stan can tell more on that story.

Hey Dave Nice find man!!! Yea the last time I was out a GB was on the Jan 1st and got skunked. But every time I say it's get'n tougher, someone like yourself, Frank, or Del pulls out like 400 grams. You sure have to do a good bit of walk'n to find the honey spots. Good Hunting!! Clifton