Nugget Shooter Forums

Quartzsite Metal Detecting Club

Is there anyone that can tell me if I can mail in a membership application to the QMDC? I live in Barstow, Ca. about 6 hours away and would really hate to drive that far just to hand over $20. I tried looking for their phone number on their site but was unable to find one. Just a street address. Thanks in advance.

Call 928 927 7150. That is the # to the Gold Miser Prospecting shop on the main road there they sell the memberships and can give you any/all info you want may even take a visa over the phone to do it.

Or just go there when you hit Quartzsite like I did an buy in then.

Call 928 927 7150. That is the # to the Gold Miser Prospecting shop on the main road there they sell the memberships and can give you any/all info you want may even take a visa over the phone to do it.

Or just go there when you hit Quartzsite like I did an buy in then.

Thank you, Frank. I appreciate that very much. I am trying to find some clubs in the Yuma, Quartzsite, Prescott, ... basically all the known gold producing districts to join. These clubs take the time to manage these claims and such and I have no problem paying for a membership to help out. It just has to be economically feasible for me, ya know. Happy hunting!!!!!

Is there anyone that can tell me if I can mail in a membership application to the QMDC? I live in Barstow, Ca. about 6 hours away and would really hate to drive that far just to hand over $20. I tried looking for their phone number on their site but was unable to find one. Just a street address. Thanks in advance.

Log on to quartzitemetaldetectingclub.com for membership application..

Harry

Well, called Gold Miser today and was told that I HAD to be there to sign up, because they need to "give me my card and other info". I guess I will not be joining that club. Makes no sense to me that they are not willing to do what 99% of other clubs do, and have done, for me and just mail the stuff to me. Heck I would even pay extra to them to cover the postage to me. Was looking forward to joining but it is what it is.

On a good note, I got a call from the Weaver Mining District this morning and they were willing to let me join via mail, so they have their money on the way to them. Thanks everyone for the help. Happy Hunting.

If you show up in Quartzsite , just drive down the one main street , open the door to the Gold Miser Shop, purchase your membership, take your maps and leave. From the store to the claims is only like 4 miles? It is beyond simple ...Whats the big deal?

P.S. I thought it was 15 bucks not 20?

Well, called Gold Miser today and was told that I HAD to be there to sign up, because they need to "give me my card and other info". I guess I will not be joining that club. Makes no sense to me that they are not willing to do what 99% of other clubs do, and have done, for me and just mail the stuff to me. Heck I would even pay extra to them to cover the postage to me. Was looking forward to joining but it is what it is.

On a good note, I got a call from the Weaver Mining District this morning and they were willing to let me join via mail, so they have their money on the way to them. Thanks everyone for the help. Happy Hunting.

Call me at the Libby, Montana store (406) 293-8679 and I'll take your credit card for the membership and mail you the info and cards. I will see that you have your membership ASAP.

If you show up in Quartzsite , just drive down the one main street , open the door to the Gold Miser Shop, purchase your membership, take your maps and leave. From the store to the claims is only like 4 miles? It is beyond simple ...Whats the big deal?

P.S. I thought it was 15 bucks not 20?

Adam,

The big deal to me is that I am not a shoot from the hip kind of person. I like to PLAN my trips to utilize every available minute. I do not have the luxury like a lot of folks to just spend countless days out prospecting, so planning my every move is essential to me. If I had that material BEFORE making the trip, then I would know exactly where I want to go, which claims to hit, exactly how to get there, have coordinates plotted in my GPS for sites to explore, etc. It would also give me a chance to look at the claim areas with Google Earth to get an idea of the lay of the land. I do the exact same thing every year when I go deer hunting, and I have yet to go a year without a kill, so it seems to be working. I don't expect everyone to understand, but that is how I am. Thanks for the input!

Call me at the Libby, Montana store (406) 293-8679 and I'll take your credit card for the membership and mail you the info and cards. I will see that you have your membership ASAP.

It was a great pleasure to talk with you this afternoon. I want to thank you again for taking my membership over the phone. I am excited to get the info in the mail and get out there and pound some dirt. Have a great weekend.

Adam,

The big deal to me is that I am not a shoot from the hip kind of person. I like to PLAN my trips to utilize every available minute. I do not have the luxury like a lot of folks to just spend countless days out prospecting, so planning my every move is essential to me. If I had that material BEFORE making the trip, then I would know exactly where I want to go, which claims to hit, exactly how to get there, have coordinates plotted in my GPS for sites to explore, etc. It would also give me a chance to look at the claim areas with Google Earth to get an idea of the lay of the land. I do the exact same thing every year when I go deer hunting, and I have yet to go a year without a kill, so it seems to be working. I don't expect everyone to understand, but that is how I am. Thanks for the input!

chris, the reason the goldmiser wont take the membership over the mail is, that its not their club, you may contact the quartzsite metal detecting club for that. the goldmiser is just a prospecting shop. they sign people up and give them the membership stuff as a favor and to draw people into their store. they get no credit or money for doing the favor.so its understandable they dont wanna get involved in all the mail order stuff.im not sure if quarzsite metal detecting club does mail in apps or not. but ya can join easily there at the gold miser and they will even give ya updates and photos of the gold found on the claims.they are really friendly people. also thge claims are all within couple miles apart. ive actually spent couple hours on each in a day no prob.i understand you wanting to plan, but quartzsite isnt that big and the claims are withing easy reach of one another. best to plan your trip,then just check each claim out in few hour, then plan your hunts there. the claims are like across the street from each other.so within minutes, you can jump from one to the other.

john

chris, the reason the goldmiser wont take the membership over the mail is, that its not their club, you may contact the quartzsite metal detecting club for that. the goldmiser is just a prospecting shop. they sign people up and give them the membership stuff as a favor and to draw people into their store. they get no credit or money for doing the favor.so its understandable they dont wanna get involved in all the mail order stuff.im not sure if quarzsite metal detecting club does mail in apps or not. but ya can join easily there at the gold miser and they will even give ya updates and photos of the gold found on the claims.they are really friendly people. also thge claims are all within couple miles apart. ive actually spent couple hours on each in a day no prob.i understand you wanting to plan, but quartzsite isnt that big and the claims are withing easy reach of one another. best to plan your trip,then just check each claim out in few hour, then plan your hunts there. the claims are like across the street from each other.so within minutes, you can jump from one to the other.

john

Hi John,

Thanks for your response. Vertigo actually got me hooked up with a membership over the phone from the Libby, Montana store. I am so grateful that he was willing to do that for me. Can't wait to get out there and see what I can find. Hoping to hook up with you sometime to do some hunting as well. I sent you a PM on one of the 2 forums we are both members of, just not sure which one I sent it from.