Nugget Shooter Forums

Minelab GP 3000

Rabbit

Rabbit, I had a GP3000 for the better part of three years and loved it. I found many meteorites with it, and knew the sound of a .50cal, .30 cal, piece of screen door wire, and a meteorite. It was a very good machine. The only reason I got rid of it was to upgrade to a GP3500. Granted it didn't have the ground balance button, but you can purchase that aftermarket if need be. I never did, just used it the way it was. I also watched the GP video series videos by Jonathan Porter about a 1,000 times to make sure I know what I was doing. Great machine to get started with, if that's the route your going. Jason ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, got my GP 3000, Thought it had a battery problem the speaker wasn't sounding off when I turned it on. OH OH. There is no speaker. Put on earphones and viola works good. Swung it around my back yard and wow. It really was sounding off. I thought that can't be right we cleaned this area up. Got out the 705 and rechecked. Spent the whole day digging up nails and old cans. :rolleyes:

Rabbit, it is one heck of a machine. Now, pick up Jonathan Porters video on the GP series for the 3000, and learn it front to back. It really is a good video about getting the most out of your detector. Jason ;)

I had one, great detector that won't let you down, just be sure to make sure all the plugs are firmly screwed in, if one falls out while in the field when on, the result can be a blown out detector. I learned that the hard way.