Nugget Shooter Forums

Minelab Service Time Poll

How long did it take for your ML to get serviced and return?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Yo, All...If you've sent your ML PI in to Illinois repair center, how long did it take to get it back?

• 7 days
    • 8-15 days
    • 16-21 days
    • 22-28 days
    • Still lost in Minelab space and they won't return emails...

Yo, All...I guess I'm starting to have issues with ML on the length of time it takes them to fix my 4500...What's been your experience? ... Cheers, Unc

Ron,

I was pretty pleased with the service on a 4500.

Did you get a service rep to talk to who shepards the detector through the process?

If not, you might ask Bill S. to look into it for you.

All the best,

Flak, Bill has been awesome on his end of the follow through...But their mantra of its "in line for service" seems to be going on forever despite his best efforts....Cheers, Unc

Ron... If you don't mind me asking, what was the issue with the 4500?

Maybe Minelab should take a bit of service excellence from some of the Auto makers. Have the dealers carry some loaners that they can give to the customer to use while their unit is in for repair. That way time for repair is not an issue........just mytwocents[1].gif

About two months ago I emailed the repair center and asked what machines they no longer service

or repair...and if I send them a used machine would they do a check-up and repair if needed?

Yesterday I finally got fed up with a two month wait for a simple answer so I went to another

person there and got a response almost immediately...read it here:

As stated by our Customer Care Manager , warranty is not transferable, thus the machine will automatically fall out of warranty. We can do a check up of the machine which is billed for 1 hour, after the check up the will contact you to let you know how much the repair will be. Shipment is paid by the end user (you). By the way Minelab Americas repair center charges $65.00/hour.

Still don't have the answer to my question....hope my mechanic who charges $30.00 an hour

doesn't read this....oh no problem he doesn't read or speak English....

Hi Ron

I'm in the same boat. I required a delivery conformation so I know they got it and when. All I needed was the front switches replaced and a checkup. I called monday to find out when it would be fixed and have not herd any thing back. I think they use fake names because I tlked with Dan before I sent it back but now there is no Dan there, so not sure what is going on. I herd from another owner it may take up to 6 weeks to get it back. In AU they getting them back in like 2 weeks. If this the kind of service Minelab gives I'm done with them for sure.

Keeper Swinging

CH

In the years past I used the service center in Vegas about four times...mostly for a check-up and ALWAYS got

great fast service....I'm wondering whose bright idea it was to move the center in the first place....

Yo Steve and all...When my unit failed, I called Bill and he immediately offered use of a 5000 while my unit was being repaired...Can't beat that kind of customer service with a stick!!!

The problem with my 4500 is that it suddenly had a loud nearly screeching noise that nearly drowned out the threshold...It wasn't something that gradually developed...One day I just rigged up and hit the on switch and it just about blew my ears out...

One of my concerns was enhanced when Bill contacted them to help me out and they told him they received it on March 29th...I have a receipt from FedEx showing they received it at 8:46 AM on March 25th ... Now why would they say that to him?...

No, this whole thing reflects very positively on Bill, but is becoming a customer service issue with me and ML ... Several emails unanswered, less than accurate reporting of receipt and, the good ol' ML chant, "In line for repair...In line for repair" ... Well, at least I should be greatful it is IN LINE FOR REPAIR! :inocent:

Cheers, Unc

Hi Ron and All,

I have a phone number for both Ewout A. Kozel Operations Manager, Minelab Americas to speak with him directly or a number to the service department. They are really trying to do their best at getting the units sent to them fixed in the order they arrived, but it is not as simple as one would think.

Please call me at 623-910-0345 if you would like a number to reach Minelab as I think a call may clear up any issues as to where they are with your detector repair.

Minelab is continuously striving to make service better and believe me they will listen to your concerns and understand you want you detector back ASAP.

Yo All...I had a good phone conversation with Ewout this morning and he explained the situation..He said he had a long discussion with Bill about it earlier this morning, which I think helped them spring into action... (Thank you, Bill :thumbsupanim )... They have had two technicians work on it and both say they cannot find anything wrong with it...So they are over-nighting it to Kevin H. who will take it out in the field to see what he can figure out under real world conditions...ML is trying very hard on figuring out the problem and doing everything they can to make it right ... This is very good news ... I was having a real nugget jones so I went to work on Ol' Baboo 2100 and tightened up some loose connections ... She started purring like her old self again so I ran out to LSD for a few hours of beepster ... No nuggets, but my sanity is on the rebound :yuk-yuk: ... Thanks again Bill and thanks to Minelab for trying hard..Cheers, Unc

The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Yo All...I had a good phone conversation with Ewout this morning and he explained the situation..He said he had a long discussion with Bill about it earlier this morning, which I think helped them spring into action... (Thank you, Bill :thumbsupanim )... They have had two technicians work on it and both say they cannot find anything wrong with it...So they are over-nighting it to Kevin H. who will take it out in the field to see what he can figure out under real world conditions...ML is trying very hard on figuring out the problem and doing everything they can to make it right ... This is very good news ... I was having a real nugget jones so I went to work on Ol' Baboo 2100 and tightened up some loose connections ... She started purring like her old self again so I ran out to LSD for a few hours of beepster ... No nuggets, but my sanity is on the rebound :yuk-yuk: ... Thanks again Bill and thanks to Minelab for trying hard..Cheers, Unc

AND YOU BETTER THANK YOURSELF FOR HANGING ON TO OL BABOO 2100 FOR TIMES LIKE THESE !!!! :inocent:

I'm going to be real careful about what I say here, AFTER my first comment- Bil helped me w/ my situation in contacting the right people. Cheers to you Billy! (I'll bring the cabo when we cheer again together; you do better than on that, than the brown stuff ;-) ).

Understand, Minelab has a website forum, anyone know what it is? Billy and others that sell the product are having to carry the load of the main company which is BS (in my humble opinion). Moving to Chi-town was a mistake (talk about EMI in AZ! Gotta ship to Kevin overnight? Should of left service in LV and hire more service personal who might have an idea what these machines are suppose to do and not (and that's not in Chicago!)

Thought about getting the 5K, but waiting to see if they're service has improved. Guess, I'll wait abit longer.

I'll shut up now, Shep

Well, geeze...I'd just like ML to follow through on what appeared to be a great pick up after a miserable initial display of non-reaction...Had some good follow through, but then it appears I've slipped through the cracks again...Bummed!!! Going on a month now with nothing to show, but at least I put in some time and got my eleven year old Ba-boo 2100 running again ... Still not able to hunt the super hot ground the 4500 was supposed to be able to, but I'm sure this will all work out fine at the end of some indeterminable time frame...Hope that time frame is before December 2011...Come on ML, let me hear from someone there..Appears the squeaky wheel only gets the grease until it quits squeaking...Kinda more bummed now... Yer Unc in the Dubyah

They just do not have a grip on the fact about how much good communication means in customer service. Ewot was going to be the game changer, but he obviously hasn't got a clue!

Ron sorry to hear of your plight .I thought they said a year ago that if they had a problem like that they would change out the cirrcut board, Those boards cant cost them that much compared to the damage to there reputaion with this kind of thing, You spend that kind of money for a detector,well Nuff said,

Hope it turns the other way for you,

April 12 I asked another person in the repair center the same question I had asked two months earlier....the

question was do they still do check-ups/repair of old machines? Here is their answer:

As stated by our Customer Care Manager , warranty is not transferable, thus the machine will automatically fall out of warranty. We can do a check up of the machine which is billed for 1 hour, after the check up the will contact you to let you know how much the repair will be. Shipment is paid by the end user (you). By the way Minelab Americas repair center charges $65.00/hour.

It just seems to me that because of the long wait times for a turn around that either 1. Minelab dependability has

gone down the drain and they have a large backlog to work on....or 2. their not stocking any parts and they have to

get Minelabs approval before making any repairs with the parts that Minelab then ships to them...for sure there's

more to this story than their telling and yes moving the center to Ill. was a dumb move....the whole thing smells

like a mess created by as-o-bby the name of Dennis Harwood...don't worry I called him that to his face once....we

just didn't know how good we had it when the service was in Vegas....I'm wondering if the same is true for Ireland?

Thinking about this some more , i do remember with the 4000 and 4500 you could put in in the wrong settings and get a big long woooop and boing,I thought mine died the first time it did it, i calmed down and reset her and everything was fine,Not saying that is what happened or making excuses for no one . Just a brain fart,

Well, another FIVE freakin' days with no response from Minelab...WTF? ... Come on, Kevin and Wout ... I know you guys can do something about this! Here's the email I sent ML this morning:

My customer # is XXXXXXXXXXX (Did that x'ing thing just for security reasons on the forum)

My GPX4500 was received by Minelab March 25.

I spoke with Ewout Kozel about a week ago. He reported that two ML technicians there at service dept. could find nothing wrong with my 4500.

The unit was overnighted by Chicago to Kevin Hoagland who took it out and tested it in the field near Las Vegas. He too said there was nothing wrong with it and he suspected that it was a problem with the audio electronics in the battery. He on Friday, March 15, told me he would have the service department issue a call tag via email to ship my battery and my connecting cable for testing. He said the call tag might not be issued until Monday, March 18. It did not come. I called Kevin on Tuesday (yesterday) and had to leave a message. I have not had a return call. Today, I called Ewout Kozel. I had to leave a message. Will somebody associated with Minelab please follow through on this matter? Thank you. Ron Long

Hey Uncle Ron, just curious, can you remember how many times you had to send your Analog 2100 into the factory for repairs in all the years you owned it??? Just curious. Thanks.

Yo Frank...I did send ol' Baboo in to Las Vegas one time, but it was definitely operator (me) error ... They were fast and showed concern...That was then, this is now...Cheers, UNc

Well, another FIVE freakin' days with no response from Minelab...WTF? ... Come on, Kevin and Wout ... I know you guys can do something about this! Here's the email I sent ML this morning:

Ron,

Best move I can think of is to send a link to this thread to Minelab's Int'l and US Sales Mgr's., and then copy the US Service Manager.

Companies like Minelab can spend tens of thousands in advertising, and one thread like this on an open forum makes it all for naught. Not all, but most people today do their research/homework before spending the kind of money that a Minelab costs. Anyone looking for Minelab info on the web could easily find this thread.

In general, corporate sales people need to increase sales by "x" percentage in order to earn salaries, commissions (a living), so if I was that Sales Manager I would be holding a chunk of the service department's arse about now.

My 2 centavos worth... :twocents:

Mike

Well all...I received my 4500 and, though it did take 30 days, I am otherwise quite satisfied with the ML service. The unit was inspected by several technicians who could find nothing wrong with it. Then Kevin took it out in the field and pronounced it in top shape. Guess what? Turned out to be a defective battery... :tisk-tisk: Anyhow, I'm back up and running now...All I need is to put New Baboo over a nugget! ... Thanks, Ewout, Kevin, & Minelab ... And a special shout out to Bill who worked hard at gettin' 'er done!! :thumbsupanim ... Cheers, Unc