Nugget Shooter Forums

GB1...Amazing detector

Uncle Ron

Sometime in the past year, don't remember how or where, or so I picked up a like new Gold Bug 1 ... I just kinda stuck it in the back seat of my pickup and a bunch of stuff got piled on top...Lately I've been having some problems with getting out, physical and mechanical, so I just ended up cruising around on my ATV and not even pulling a beeper out...Couple days ago, however, I happened to notice the old GB1 peeking out from the pile of stuff and pulled it out and fired it up...I started hitting all kinds of targets right away, brass and lead mostly...Then I pulled my one grain test nugget I carry (which is mounted on a Bar 7 poker chip, good for one shot of Jose :thumbsupanim at the stoplight in Wickenburg) ... I couldn't believe how I was able to dial that ol' detector in to where I could hear that dinkster at between 11 and 12" air test.... Anyhow, any newbs out there looking for a great entry level beepster, don't overlook this bad boy...Mine's not for sale for the forseeable future, but there's lots of guys letting them gather dust in the closet who might help you out... Cheers, Unc

Uncle Ron... I fully agree with you. I still have my original

Gold Bug... One of the first off the line with the early figure "8" lead cables... Over the years the cables have given

out... feel greasy and stiff. And the control box battered and scratched; but I recently got a new coil with the heavier "O" lead cable and "fired it up." Runs like New... Mine is not for sale either; but I sure have mixed feelings in not using it more. :olddude:

ive got a old gb1 my 2 older kids (8,9) are always finding and vacuming up fine gold pockets with it, to them a few grains of gold is priceless treasure (me too :yuk-yuk: ). that little detector ive had since i was a teen is now still paying off for my kids , and sometimes if im almost skunked i can still take it (plus a rake) over to any old drywasher pile to get some mini nuggets

Yup I have one as well for the daughter and grand kids and they were/are a great detector and will shine with the best VLF units designed to find nuggets, but all that hot rock, cold rock, and ground noise really drives me batso after years with a PI

Yup I have one as well for the daughter and grand kids and they were/are a great detector and will shine with the best VLF units designed to find nuggets, but all that hot rock, cold rock, and ground noise really drives me batso after years with a PI

yes sir, those plain jane rocks get real annoying every few feet . That old detector has earned a permanent spot above my desk on the wall and in the field from time to time , dont get me wrong im in love :wub: with my 4500 . Hail minelab ;)

Yep, I agree, Bill...Both GB's are definitely great "Grand baby machines"...Here's my oldest, Bayley, with her GB2...I know I've posted this pic before, but I really love it... Cheers, Unc

post-9-0-40089800-1302588248_thumb.jpg