Nugget Shooter Forums

North fork of Clear Creek (CO)

GlennM

Well, I was supposed to post this last night when I got back. However I was too sore to think clearlyafter climbing up the walls to get the materials. :shrug:

I'm in Broomfield, CO, as I write this and wound up with some spare time this weekend. I was smart enough to bring a pan and scopp with me to this hugely-producing area. :eee:

Did a little research and headed down to the Clear Creek open prospecting area. Was an absolutely gorgeous day out and perfect for sloshing dirt. Didn't find a lot of color, just a little, but I did meet some really cool folks. :miner: This one guy was seriously old school and was using an old-school metal pan! That was impressive because he was getting color. I'd likely just dump the goods right out with one of those pans.

Today's plans to get out were scrapped due to the weather. Whereas yesterday was 70's and sunny with a light breeze. Today's weather hit its high of 62 this morning and was a white out by lunch time! :cry2:boorb

Either way, the reason for this post was because I told several of the folks I met about this site and told them to look for this post.

Lots of good people out there and I look forward to continuing to get to know them along with you guys and gals.

By the way... the water in Clear Creek is clear as the name implies... and COLD! I think it's more cold than clear, for sure!

Well, I was supposed to post this last night when I got back. However I was too sore to think clearlyafter climbing up the walls to get the materials. :shrug:

I'm in Broomfield, CO, as I write this and wound up with some spare time this weekend. I was smart enough to bring a pan and scopp with me to this hugely-producing area. :eee:

Did a little research and headed down to the Clear Creek open prospecting area. Was an absolutely gorgeous day out and perfect for sloshing dirt. Didn't find a lot of color, just a little, but I did meet some really cool folks. :miner: This one guy was seriously old school and was using an old-school metal pan! That was impressive because he was getting color. I'd likely just dump the goods right out with one of those pans.

Today's plans to get out were scrapped due to the weather. Whereas yesterday was 70's and sunny with a light breeze. Today's weather hit its high of 62 this morning and was a white out by lunch time! :cry2:boorb

Either way, the reason for this post was because I told several of the folks I met about this site and told them to look for this post.

Lots of good people out there and I look forward to continuing to get to know them along with you guys and gals.

By the way... the water in Clear Creek is clear as the name implies... and COLD! I think it's more cold than clear, for sure!

Good luck and heavy pans Glenn! Just found out one of my Daughters is moving to Colorado. Keep us posted! - Terry

Well, my chances to get out in CO are over. It's back to work tomorrow and then on Tuesday I'm headed to Billings, MT. I don't know if I'll get any time to get out while there before I head back home to AZ on Friday. But I'll certainly try!