Nugget Shooter Forums

Lost something...

Went out with the grand son drywashing yesterday and after the first run we took the cons to the truck and had some water and chips.....

Went back to make another run and we had lost the wing bolt that holds the riffle tray in, looked around but gone...

Ran home and got the beeper and began covering the area where it was lost and immediately nailed a small nugget, then the wing bolt, then another nugget. Both were under a half gram, but welcome anyway. This is in an area I have pounded so much in the past with several Minelab PI models, but removing 8 inches of soil exposed these little guys to be detectable wedged into the rotten bedrock.

Also got a couple good runs with the drywasher so we had a great day in the AZ desert!

Went out with the grand son drywashing yesterday and after the first run we took the cons to the truck and had some water and chips.....

Went back to make another run and we had lost the wing bolt that holds the riffle tray in, looked around but gone...

Ran home and got the beeper and began covering the area where it was lost and immediately nailed a small nugget, then the wing bolt, then another nugget. Both were under a half gram, but welcome anyway. This is in an area I have pounded so much in the past with several Minelab PI models, but removing 8 inches of soil exposed these little guys to be detectable wedged into the rotten bedrock.

Also got a couple good runs with the drywasher so we had a great day in the AZ desert!

Wow! Great story and day Bill. How cool for you and your Grandson! Good day - good karma - good gold. You just made MY day - Thanks! Terry

Sounds like another great day with your Grandson Bill. I'm sure he will look back on experiences like this when he becomes a man on his own, and continues to enjoy the outdoors.

But, I gotta ask ya. Do you make it a habit of losing things? In the short time I have known you, I have heard tell of your "Bayer Bottle Bullion", and now a "Gold Locating" wingnut. And thats just the items made public!

I wish you many more days like that in the future,

Patrick.....

Woot! Sounds like y'all had a fun day Bill. :thumbsupanim Been too wet up here in Washington State to even get out, but one day soon it may clear up enough :grr01:

Cors

Sounds like another great day with your Grandson Bill. I'm sure he will look back on experiences like this when he becomes a man on his own, and continues to enjoy the outdoors.

But, I gotta ask ya. Do you make it a habit of losing things? In the short time I have known you, I have heard tell of your "Bayer Bottle Bullion", and now a "Gold Locating" wingnut. And thats just the items made public!

I wish you many more days like that in the future,

Patrick.....

Well, the most public thing Bill lost was his mind.:eee: Uh, at leat he says he lost it... I'm not convinvced he ever had it! :hahaha:

Gosh Bill... it is simply great :thumbsupanim to be out and spending time with a grandson... or to be with any family member. To share a common interest is great.

As we get older :olddude: memories such as this will continue to warm our hearts on a cold day. :)

Hey there Bill. How much do you want for that Nugget finding wingnut ?

Heheheheheh not fer sale... :rolleyes:

OK. I'll have to try to train one of mine. I'll put it next to a nugget for a week or so,take it out to the desert and reap the benefits.^_^