Nugget Shooter Forums

Mad Martian Does it AGAIN !!

Got out for a day trip with ol Nellybelle and met up with Silver Dog Doug an his partner from Tucon to show them around our neck of the woods.

After that I hooked up with Terry S. from Vegas and we had a couple hours swinging time at foreign objects.

The day seemed like it was gonna be just another futile EXERCISE in HIGH fuel prices,losing a pound or 2 walking and downing alot of bottles of water (very warm there).

Then at the last minute a vision appeared to me .....it was Uncle Marvin holding a 100 gmmr. And whammo it happened 96.2 grms. An actual SCREAMER from the 1st swing it was only about 2-3 inches down nice piece with crust.

Yeah I was a little disillusioned with Uncle Marv when we put it on the scale but what the heck, only 3.8 grms off.

No GOLD, but great company hunting the fields.

Till next time .... Klatu Nictu or however you say it.

post-562-0-29093100-1301777537_thumb.jpg

Way to go Frank! Looks like you might have figured out the secret to finding the bigger ones out at Gold Basin. :zip-lip: They're certainly still out there because the last two times I went to GB I managed to come home with a 288 grammer and a 415 grammer. Keep up the good work and keep'em comin!

I have this week off of work and might be heading out there for a day or two. Haven't hunted Gold Basin and Franconia in a while and I have to admit I'm looking forward to getting some.

Del

Got out for a day trip with ol Nellybelle and met up with Silver Dog Doug an his partner from Tucon to show them around our neck of the woods.

After that I hooked up with Terry S. from Vegas and we had a couple hours swinging time at foreign objects.

The day seemed like it was gonna be just another futile EXERCISE in HIGH fuel prices,losing a pound or 2 walking and downing alot of bottles of water (very warm there).

Then at the last minute a vision appeared to me .....it was Uncle Marvin holding a 100 gmmr. And whammo it happened 96.2 grms. An actual SCREAMER from the 1st swing it was only about 2-3 inches down nice piece with crust.

Yeah I was a little disillusioned with Uncle Marv when we put it on the scale but what the heck, only 3.8 grms off.

No GOLD, but great company hunting the fields.

Till next time .... Klatu Nictu or however you say it.

Frank, thanks for all your help in finding the Space Rocks and for puting me over the nugget. In the picture of the 8 Meteorites, the bottom 4 are Bob's. Thanks to you, We had a great trip. Doug

post-3800-0-29854900-1301807842_thumb.jppost-3800-0-66767400-1301807934_thumb.jp

Hey Frank...why don't I get nuggets from you and that alien??? it ain't fair! just teasing...you are always a stand-up guy!

fred

Fred, I would love to get back there with a large coil. I think there are more deep ones. Hope you find the yellow. Doug

I think Frank has an unfair advantage with Marvin on his side. Of course an alien can spot rocks from his home planet! Funny part was, I heard Frank shout half way across Gold Basin after finding it, as if he was taking credit for the find instead of Marvin.... Regardless, congrats are definitely in order to the dynamic duo after another outstanding find. My only gripe is I wish Frank would clean it up and take some better pics, looks like a dirty rock!