Nugget Shooter Forums

Bit of dredging...

That is a good buddy of mine, Matt Matson dredging the Umqua River in Oregon.......He did very well on that trip

The Umpqua was the first river to come to mind when I saw all the Small mouth bass swarming him.

Sister in law used to live in Myrtle creek, and I fished there on the Umpqua a few times.

Heard it had gold, but didn't know about the Platinum.

• 1 month later...

Myrtle Creek/ Canyonville is my home. Fsbirdhouse is absolutely right; the South Umpqua is very good for gold, and especially Myrtle Creek. The Dole bar area has some of the best highbanking I have ever seen, and I have every intention of hitting it pretty hard whenever I get back home on leave. Don't want to offend anyone on a nuggetshooting forum, but dredging is by far the most exciting, and fun form of prospecting ever created. I only wish there was somewhere here in Arizona to go dredging, cause it breaks my heart to see my Proline 4 collecting dust. If there are any good places please correct me, I'll gladly meet up with anyone for a dredge trip if you can let me in on some spots. Otherwise I continue trying to learn how to MD. :thumbsupanim

:whoope: Mattt and his amazing wife Connie rock the world where ever they go :miner: --no matter what the tool they're using :head: -- no matter where they're at :D it's good just to be around such righteous folks-John :D

Me and a friend will be dredging the Rogue this year ( have out of state permits $25 :thumbsupanim ). I was reading an article recently on dredging the umpqua and that the dredgers up there have customized dredges to catch the Oregon gold which is fine flakes but rough.

I think what there doing is adding a sheet of raised metal over the riffles ? maybe changing the angle of the standard riffle tray ?

The Rogue has some great gold. I've wanted to head down to Hells Gate, and get as deep as possible. If you take the jet boat trip down the Rogue, you will always see people prospecting the bars. I'm sure they appreciate the wake from the boats. :yuk-yuk: I don't know why people would modify their dredges for the Umpqua. The gold didn't seem any different than anything else I've ever seen. What the locals consider "fine gold" is small rounded off pieces that look like little grains of rice. I laughed the first time someone handed me their vial, and it was full of this stuff. I got real excited about prospecting the Umpqua after that, and I wasn't dissapointed. Good luckin Oregon, I just sent in my application for the 700pm, so hopefully I can get around to enjoying it this year.

• 4 weeks later...

just seen the post the dredging video is awsome,and your getting nice gold as well. i might be moving to where there is some gold in a river and im going to start looking into a god highbanker or dredge soon. again awsome underwater footage