Nugget Shooter Forums

Meteorites and the GPX-5000

Hi All,

I remember hearing somewhere or perhaps it was a post about the GPX-5000 ignoring meteorites in the "Fine Gold" timing. I was at Gold Basin last week and ALL the meteorites tested will give a good solid signal in General or Fine Gold timings and 2 were found with the detector in Fine Gold with one at 10 inches or so deep.

Just so you know...

Hi Bill it was probably me that told you that-I gave Lon a GB space turd to test out as he"s never found one before--I threw it on the ground and swung over it in fine gold and to my surprise NADA so I scrubbed on it and got a broken up signal-it seemed to be immuned to it like it is to hot ground :tisk-tisk: -Lon got a good signal from it :eee: -does that mean theres something wrong with my beeper-:???: -as long as I'm finding gold and man can this thing sniff out gold :wubu: I don't care about the space turds :head: Mike C...:ph34r2:

I agree with Bill, my gpx5000 works great finding meteorites in fine gold timing.

Hi Bill it was probably me that told you that-I gave Lon a GB space turd to test out as he"s never found one before--I threw it on the ground and swung over it in fine gold and to my surprise NADA so I scrubbed on it and got a broken up signal-it seemed to be immuned to it like it is to hot ground :tisk-tisk: -Lon got a good signal from it :eee: -does that mean theres something wrong with my beeper-:???: -as long as I'm finding gold and man can this thing sniff out gold :wubu: I don't care about the space turds :head: Mike C...:ph34r2:

Hi Mike,

Not sure why unless you might have been using an aftermarket coil? The manual does mention that possibly some aftermarket coils will not work properly in "fine gold" timing as well as some others...? Were both you and Lon using the same coil? I have found that the commander coils work better on my 5000 than some of the others available out there. Now I have not tried everyone of the aftermarket coils available and will hesitate to say this would be the reason you couldn't hear it, but perhaps....

I don't think theres anything wrong with my beeper--I think :hmmmmm: I was working so hard on neutralizing iron stones and other hot rocks by little tweeks here there that I neutralized spaceturds as well :zip-lip: Now to work on a spaceturd setting :shhhhh: Mike C...:ph34r2: