Nugget Shooter Forums

I am looking for owner reports for the Fisher F75 Metal Detector. I would appreciate it if you could share your experience with this unit. I am particularly interested in finding meteorites and would appreciate any field use experience comments with this specific unit.

Thanks!

Jim

Hi D I have a F75 and its an excellent coin relic beeper-very fast in trash which is a plus when beepin in trashy areas---I would say its the fastest on the market--I have'nt taken it out space turd beepin but did check it out on a few GB and F space turds and it hits on them both in all metal and Disc with the stock coil--I have heard of people using it for prospecting as well--Hope this helps---Mike C...:ph34r2:

Thanks Mike!

Well, I bit the bullet and bought an F75 yesterday. :arrowheadsmiley: I received my confirmation email and they are throwing in headphones a pinpointer and a bunch of other stuff, about $600 in extras :thumbsupanim. I've really had very good success with the GB2 and IMHO, for whatever that is worth, I think it's going to be hard to beat. Hunting with my buddies that have GMT's, they too, will be really hard to beat.

So, I think the GMT works at 48Khz. and the GB2 at 71Khz. The F75 works at 13Khz. This worries me with really small targets or targets that do not have a lot of metal. I have not seen many reports on the F75 with small targets. All of these should work well together in close proximity. Obviously 2 GB2's or 2 GMT's do not work well together when the area is tight. On the last hunt I was working within a few feet of a GMT with no issues at all. There are no harmonically related issues with any of these, so it should behave well with either and both the GMT and GB2.

I know nothing about the DD coils and would like to hear and read up on some info on that. Should be interesting.

So for now, I am digging up a sling for my GB2 to carry with me on the next several hunts. Stan wants to compare his GMT with the F75 too. Should be interesting. One thing nice about now as opposed to before is that I have a bunch of specimens to test with. This, I am hoping, will drastically reduce the learning curve of the unit.

Going hunting tomorrow....the weather is just awesome right now!

Cheers!

Jim

• 3 months later...

I am looking for owner reports for the Fisher F75 Metal Detector. I would appreciate it if you could share your experience with this unit. I am particularly interested in finding meteorites and would appreciate any field use experience comments with this specific unit.

Thanks!

Jim

Hey there Jim. I own 2 F-75s, a standard and a 2011-special limited edition with the extra software, the older unit I keep for a backup. I located my first H-5 rose city fragment with it, (the newer unit) in 14 inches of soil mind you, in the Huron National Forest, in Oscoda co. on 4/29/11. And here's how I had the machine set. First, in disc.-mode I set it in Bp, set sensitivity into high gain at "32", with speaker turned up all the way, set threshold to just barely audible, turn the speaker back down a little to save on juice,(or just use headphones) but then you need to switch over to "motion-all metal"(note-process#-Bp is automaticaly carried over into "motion-all metal"), then set your threshold and sensitivity the same as you did in discrimination mode. I, personaly, like my audio pitch set at, or in the "+2" so when I'm over something iron, it squeals like a" teenage gyrl on a rollercoaster", but thats just me, I'm a pig, sorry, what can I say? At least I'm honest! But anyways, I am lookin into&thinkin about a new "15-inch" deepsearch coil supposedly designed for that newer F-75 I saw an advertisiment for recently, but it will be a while before I make a decision. Oh, I almost forgot, make sure you keep it ground balanced accurately. Don't know much bout the minerology of the soils out west, but the northern mich. forests have been trampled on, and logging co's. repeatedly tore the woods up throughout the 30s, 40s, and 50s, so the minerology changes, subtly but continuously, but thats about it. Good luck and Happy huntin! Frank

• 1 year later...

Hi DesertSunBurn,

There is a fellow in the UK who might have some helpful info. The site is called Gary's Detecting. He himself says he knows little about meteorite detecting but he knows coins, relics and gold. Check it out at:http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/fisher_f75_information.htm.

Based on his info I went with a Teknetics T2; it's the same as the F75 but with fewer bells and whistles.

Hope this helps.

Saginaw

Steve Hershback sure likes it for EVERYTHING

Steve Hershback sure likes it for EVERYTHING

El D, This is a really old post...a year old??? I bought the F75 to test and found that it is a terrible detector for meteorites and it was not much better than a $99 bounty hunter for coins. I wrote a review a long time ago.

Jim

El D, This is a really old post...a year old??? I bought the F75 to test and found that it is a terrible detector for meteorites and it was not much better than a $99 bounty hunter for coins. I wrote a review a long time ago.

Jim

Hi Desertsunburn-In reading your reveiw a while back-which by the way I left alone-that is my thoughts about your findings :tisk-tisk: IMO you really didnt give the beeper a good workout-sure it might not be as good on meterorites as some other beepers but it is a kick ass coin/relic beeper and say its as good as a 99.00 beeper is insane :nutty: its way better it will go head to head with the best :head: so in conclusion to your remarks about the F75 you really dont know what your talking about :zzzzz: -maybe you should read up on Steve H's thoughts about it-he does know what he's talking about :inocent: Mike C... :ph34r2:

Hi Desertsunburn-In reading your reveiw a while back-which by the way I left alone-that is my thoughts about your findings :tisk-tisk: IMO you really didnt give the beeper a good workout-sure it might not be as good on meterorites as some other beepers but it is a kick ass coin/relic beeper and say its as good as a 99.00 beeper is insane :nutty: its way better it will go head to head with the best :head: so in conclusion to your remarks about the F75 you really dont know what your talking about :zzzzz: -maybe you should read up on Steve H's thoughts about it-he does know what he's talking about :inocent: Mike C... :ph34r2:

Mike, thank you for comments. Good luck with that detector!

Jim

Jim,

It would be interesting to put the F75 up with the whites DFX300. Operates at 3 different frequencys at 15khz. Would be nice to find a detector store that has all the different brands of detectors you can bring your test samples to and try out.

Also I was looking into the whites spectra v3i that operates in 3 frequency ranges and gives you visual displays of targets.

post-1046-0-79988100-1343874869_thumb.jp

Dave

Jim,

It would be interesting to put the F75 up with the whites DFX300. Operates at 3 different frequencys at 15khz. Would be nice to find a detector store that has all the different brands of detectors you can bring your test samples to and try out.

Also I was looking into the whites spectra v3i that operates in 3 frequency ranges and gives you visual displays of targets.

Dave

Hi Dave,

This post is over a year old and I am pretty much done with it. My review, also over a year, was honest and truthful and if folks get butt hurt about it and call me insane, that is their issue, not mine. I am sure beyond any doubt in my mind, I have saved fellow hunters money and a lot of grief with my review. I am not one to EVER steer a person wrong and every single person that knows me knows this. Last comment from me in this thread....just a waste of time for me.

Jim

Hi Jim. Where is your review? I'd like to read it. I bought a Teknetics T2 a while back and I'd like to know your thoughts about the F75.

Thanks

Saginaw

Jim,

Dave

Hey Dave anyone that knows me knows I go through beepers like socks :nutty: and Ive had both the dfx and the V3-lots of bells and stuff but no balls in the depth department-when put up against the dfx and the V3 in a really trashy area the F75 wins period with its lighting fast recovery :head: Mike C... :ph34r2: PS-I have no ties with any detector brand or company-I use what works best for me-I do not misinforn anyone :zzzzz:

Oh Crap, my bad !!! :grr01:

I didnt realize the post was a while back ago... I cant comment on the F-75 dont know anything about it. I mainly hunt nuggets and meteorites in the deserts, and almost all the ol time hunters I run into 99% of them use Minelab PI, Gold Bug, or GMT. I did use my Minelab GPX5000 at the beach once, dont think I will ever do it again... I was digging every piece of foil, pulltab, can and junk a couple feet down in the sand. It was easy digging, but I couldnt get out of a 2 square foot area for at least an hour. :*&$*(:

Dave

Hey Dave anyone that knows me knows I go through beepers like socks :nutty: and Ive had both the dfx and the V3-lots of bells and stuff but no balls in the depth department-when put up against the dfx and the V3 in a really trashy area the F75 wins period with its lighting fast recovery :head: Mike C... :ph34r2: PS-I have no ties with any detector brand or company-I use what works best for me-I do not misinforn anyone :zzzzz:

Archived