Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold wire

StonyBanks

Howdy all,

I too am a new member of this site and new at prospecting except i always liked prospecting for and digging clams along the Oregon coast and that was a little like finding nuggets with a MD, so I have been a prospector all along maybe just for a different type of gold. Anyway it was a real find locating this site, lots of expertise here and a willingness to share good information. And thank you for the many welcome messages. I am still learning this site so please excuse my slow responses and occasional misclicks.

Could anyone point me in the direction of information on goldwire in quartz? I located an outcropping of what could be rusty rotton quartz, and there is the occasional metal strand. The quartz is sometimes spherical and either hollow or solid. I found this a couple of years ago, but knew less then than I know now, if that is possible. When winter lets go a bit more I will be hiking in and will get samples and post pictures. Meanwhile any help will be welcome.

Thanks a bunch, we'll talk some more.

:whoope: Run ,don't walk to your local gem/mineral/gold/ or detector store as hands on local yokel advice is righteous and you meet great folks and I'll bet a local club too-John :miner:

:whoope: Run ,don't walk to your local gem/mineral/gold/ or detector store as hands on local yokel advice is righteous and you meet great folks and I'll bet a local club too-John :miner:

Thanks on that John. I always learn a lot at the gold and gemstone shows and meet people too. Also just joined NWMPC for contacts and claim access. Need to learn a bunch more about mineralogy though. Good talking with ya. I have learned a lot from your posts.

Craig