Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin

This is my first post. I have been waiting until I made my first find and I wanted to put my picture in the profile holding it,I haven't figured the picture part out yet. I read Richard's post on his first find and agree about the excitement of that first find and want to share it.

My wife and I went to Gold Basin last weekend. We had no expectations of making any finds but wanted to try. My wife,Claudia, made the first find on Friday. I was very impressed because she did it with a magnet stick. It is a 8.7 grammer. I found mine on sat. by the helipad with my GMT. Mine weighs 17.4 grams. I cannot explain the feeling of making that first find.

I owe a special thanks to Fred Mason for his guidance and help in making this happen. Also Jeff, Stan, Frank, and Bill were very helpful.

I had planned on getting to the campfire on friday night to meet the people at the outing but my car did not want to go that far in. I did have the pleasure of meeting Frank so I did get to put a face with at least one of the forum members. We will be back again and hopefully get to meet more of the members at a future outing.

Thank you, Ed

This is my first post. I have been waiting until I made my first find and I wanted to put my picture in the profile holding it,I haven't figured the picture part out yet. I read Richard's post on his first find and agree about the excitement of that first find and want to share it.

My wife and I went to Gold Basin last weekend. We had no expectations of making any finds but wanted to try. My wife,Claudia, made the first find on Friday. I was very impressed because she did it with a magnet stick. It is a 8.7 grammer. I found mine on sat. by the helipad with my GMT. Mine weighs 17.4 grams. I cannot explain the feeling of making that first find.

I owe a special thanks to Fred Mason for his guidance and help in making this happen. Also Jeff, Stan, Frank, and Bill were very helpful.

I had planned on getting to the campfire on friday night to meet the people at the outing but my car did not want to go that far in. I did have the pleasure of meeting Frank so I did get to put a face with at least one of the forum members. We will be back again and hopefully get to meet more of the members at a future outing.

Thank you, Ed

Congrats on your find. It is a great feeling to finally make the first find and hopefully just the start of many more. :thumbsupanim

kgmrg aka Richard

Ed and Claudia earned their space rocks...they have read and studied and went to the right places....very nice finds!

Fred

Hi Fred, I hope that I can be as lucky as Ed and Claudia,(congratulations) . We will be at Gold Basin from Tuesday until Sat. Noon. You are more than welcome to join us. Doug

Claudia and Ed,

Awesome and welcome to the list! Looking forward to the pictures!

Jim

Ed & Claudia- Welcome to the forum, Thats what I call a Dynamic Duo. The first one is the sweetest. happy0045[1].gifThat is until you find another one and.......it feels that way all over again!!!!rolleyes.gif Dave

I am glad to hear that the excitement does not wear off. I still am hoping for my first Calif. find but we do not have the great hunting areas like you do in Az.

The hunt is the fun part, Ed