Nugget Shooter Forums

Minelab in Race for Gold...

Minelab in ‘The Race for Gold’

logo.jpg

Minelab is pleased to announce our partnership with “The Race for Gold”, a team-based gold discovery and recovery competition program. Minelab detectors will be provided to each of the teams to utilise in their quest to find the most gold. This is an exciting opportunity for us to be involved in a venture that will promote the enjoyment of metal detecting and discovering gold, to a wide audience in countries across the world.

In The Race For Gold “millions of worldwide viewers will follow teams of ordinary men and women as they race to discover and recover the most powerful and influential substance known to mankind. This intense team-based competition produces unscripted drama, gut-busting humor, team dividing hate and discontent, unruly strategic deception, and an unmatched rush of golden adrenaline. This incredible adventure reminds every society of its past while revealing the incredibly competitive spirit embedded deep within our being. This is The Race For Gold.”

To find out more about this partnership click on 'The Race For Gold and Minelab' below or visit The Race For Gold website

The Race for Gold

The Race for Gold and Minelab

This intense team-based competition produces unscripted drama, gut-busting humor, team dividing hate and discontent, unruly strategic deception, and an unmatched rush of golden adrenaline. This incredible adventure reminds every society of its past while revealing the incredibly competitive spirit embedded deep within our being. This is The Race For Gold.”

If they would leave out all the social discontent crap I might watch the show. Maybe

the producers of these shows don't realize it, but by the time most of us reach 50+

we've about had our fill of "hate and discontent". I didn't watch the Alaska Gold Rush

show for the same reason..who the hell needs to see more conflict? :shrug:

Of course I'll watch an episode or two, but...could be so much better if they would

do without the high-strung emotions. JMHO, of course.

Mike

Micro because...They don't want old farts breaking their ankles and other important parts...but, it is ok to be young and stupid...

This quote is why I dispise this type of show...

" In most cases, deception and trickery are just as important as skill and experience"

fred

Fred, I am afraid that is a primary component of any "reality" show. Our younger generation has been raised on everything being pushed to the absolute extreme, so unless there is some sleazy dealings going on the show doesn't get much attention.

Men like us grew up in an age where words like "honor" and "integrity" actually meant something, and those who choose to act without either often paid a heavy price.

It's a far different world today.

I'm honestly glad that Minelab is doing the show, and do hope it brings positive results (sales) for them while advancing the hobby of nugget and coin hunting.

I wonder what kind of response they would get if they promoted the show as:

"We're going to go out and have a great time while learning how to detect gold nuggets using Minelab's latest equipment. The teams competing against one another will have to make good use of all the research materials provided in order to locate the best nugget yielding fields."

Mike

logo.jpg

Minelab is pleased to announce our partnership with “The Race for Gold”, a team-based gold discovery and recovery competition program. Minelab detectors will be provided to each of the teams to utilise in their quest to find the most gold. This is an exciting opportunity for us to be involved in a venture that will promote the enjoyment of metal detecting and discovering gold, to a wide audience in countries across the world.

In The Race For Gold “millions of worldwide viewers will follow teams of ordinary men and women as they race to discover and recover the most powerful and influential substance known to mankind. This intense team-based competition produces unscripted drama, gut-busting humor, team dividing hate and discontent, unruly strategic deception, and an unmatched rush of golden adrenaline. This incredible adventure reminds every society of its past while revealing the incredibly competitive spirit embedded deep within our being. This is The Race For Gold.”

To find out more about this partnership click on 'The Race For Gold and Minelab' below or visit The Race For Gold website

The Race for Gold

The Race for Gold and Minelab

That's great :thumbsupanim , The Race for Gold is an idea thought up by a fellow prospector and a friend of mine from Virginia he has just retired after 20+ years in the Marine Corps, there are also some other friends of mine as a part of the staff, these guys are very experienced prospectors and not newbies at finding gold, the idea behind this show wasn't taken lightly and it has been in the works for about 3 years now, the are great people and they will do their best via contracts to not let any production company turn this into a fiasco like the Alaska show by the Discovery channel, this is one reason it's taking some time to get a production company to sign the show, they want to have all the say so.

Skip

Micro because...They don't want old farts breaking their ankles and other important parts...but, it is ok to be young and stupid...

This quote is why I dispise this type of show...

" In most cases, deception and trickery are just as important as skill and experience"

fred

Fred,

The reason behind the "In most cases, deception and trickery are just as important as skill and experience" part is because of the way this competition is going to be setup, there are 3 teams and each team with be taken to a gold bearing property and work it locating payable deposits of gold and extract as much as they can, the timeline I believe is 1 week or so to find and mine as much gold as possible and then they will leave that property and be taken to one of the other properties that was being worked by one of the other teams, the deception and trickery comes into play at this time because if you make a good discovery on the property your team is leaving and you don't make efforts to conceal the discovery the next team will be ahead of the game and be able to work the spot without having to do any searching/prospecting to find a deposit and will get the upper hand in the competition, a little deception here by making it look like your team found gold where no gold is located will trick the next team into trying to take the easy way to the gold and work that spot, each team will be working all 3 properties and the only way to win is to not let your team's work benefit the next team coming to the property after your team leaves, at the end of the competition the team with the most gold wins!!

Skip

That certainly sounds much better Skip. Thanks for the explanation.

Now, if this can be addressed (or left out of the show entirely):

..........team dividing hate and discontent,

I'm just a new guy here, and as such I realize my opinions many not mean squat,

but aren't people already divided over more than enough "hate and discontent"

in this miserable world? (I'm happily married for the last 9 years, but I've

also got 3 ex-wives, so as you can imagine I've already seen enough hate and

discontent to last a lifetime! )

Can't speak for others, but that kind of thing will ruin it in a heartbeat

for me. I seriously doubt I would tune in again for another episode if all

that emotional drama crap is going on.

JMHO

Mike

That certainly sounds much better Skip. Thanks for the explanation.

Now, if this can be addressed (or left out of the show entirely):

I'm just a new guy here, and as such I realize my opinions many not mean squat,

but aren't people already divided over more than enough "hate and discontent"

in this miserable world? (I'm happily married for the last 9 years, but I've

also got 3 ex-wives, so as you can imagine I've already seen enough hate and

discontent to last a lifetime! )

Can't speak for others, but that kind of thing will ruin it in a heartbeat

for me. I seriously doubt I would tune in again for another episode if all

that emotional drama crap is going on.

JMHO

Mike

Mike unfortunately as is with life in general when you put several strangers together to make up a team in a competition you will get disagreements on "how to", "where to", etc. and that will lead to hurt feelings and anger, one thing that I think will help in this area is that each team will have a "Team Leader" appointed to the team who will be experienced in not only prospecting but also mining the gold after it's found and the Team Leader will have the last word on how they go about finding and getting the gold after input from the team members, some members of the team is bound to get hurt feelings if their input is not a part the final decision of the Team Leader, the Team Leader's job ultimately is make sure his team has recovered the most gold at the end of the competition.

Skip

Mike unfortunately as is with life in general when you put several strangers together to make up a team in a competition you will get disagreements on "how to", "where to", etc. and that will lead to hurt feelings and anger, one thing that I think will help in this area is that each team will have a "Team Leader" appointed to the team who will be experienced in not only prospecting but also mining the gold after it's found and the Team Leader will have the last word on how they go about finding and getting the gold after input from the team members, some members of the team is bound to get hurt feelings if their input is not a part the final decision of the Team Leader, the Team Leader's job ultimately is make sure his team has recovered the most gold at the end of the competition.

Skip

Again, that makes a lot of sense Skip. I think you know the kind of undesired "drama" that

I'm referring to, as we all saw too much of it on the Alaska Gold Rush show. All their

in-fighting just ruined it, IMO, but I guess that's what the rest of America likes to see

these days.

I would love to be able to afford a Minelab detector someday, and will certainly give the

first episodes of the show a good look.

Mike

Sounds interesting but what does the top team get for the most gold found? Do they get to keep the gold they find also?

Just curious.

Jerry

Sounds interesting but what does the top team get for the most gold found? Do they get to keep the gold they find also?

Just curious.

Jerry

Each of the 3 teams will get to keep the gold they find with an even split between team members. and there is prize money for all 3 teams as follows.

Quoted from The Race for Gold's website. (Click on the link on the left "The Competition" and select "$325,000 Purse")

http://www.theraceforgold.com/index1.htm

"The First Place team receives a total prize of $250,000 plus all the gold their team recovers. Each team member receives $25,000 of the winning purse and an even split of their gold. The members of the First Place Team also earn an automatic invitation to compete in the next Race For Gold competition.

The Second Place team receives a total prize of $50,000 plus all the gold their team recovers. Each team member receives $5,000 of the winning purse and an even split of their gold.

The Third Place team receives a total prize of $25,000 plus all the gold their team recovers. Each team member receives $2,500 of the winning purse and an even split of their gold."

Skip

I can't help but think that along with the last "GOLD MINERS" the world watched on TV and made us look

like a bunch of animal shooting, hole diging, ( and left open for someone or some animal to fall in )

dip sticks that need more overseeing and REGULATIONS by the powers that be. Let alone more fuel for

the fires of the "Greens" PETA, Fish Kissers, Tree Huggers,Rock Huggers, and all the others of that

Klan! They may well be on privet land for this show but that won't make any difference when they spread

there lies, same as they have in the past and will keep doing in the future. Am I crying WOLF? YOU DAM RIGHT

I AM, THE WOLFS ARE AT THE DOOR! MineLab can't need the advertizing that bad, there all ready the best

detectors in the world, and can't keep up with there sales and repairs the way it is. So why put on a TV show

that will only call more attention to us, to those that I named above? It makes no difference how they mine

the Gold it's just the fact they ARE MINING! Anyone want to take the bet?

I suspect you are being naive, Skip...reality shows exist on the drama they manufacture...I would love to be wrong about my assessment but the advertisers want ratings and they won't get those by standing on the moral high ground or by walking the high road.

Nonetheless, I wish you and your friends success.

fred

Fred, I agree with you -- if only because of all the grocery lines I've stood in. As you wait your turn, just glance at what the content is of the magazines. Gossip, sex, violence and drama. That's what sells. TV is just another form of media and is just as subject to the dynamics of the human zoo.

Fred, I agree with you -- if only because of all the grocery lines I've stood in. As you wait your turn, just glance at what the content is of the magazines. Gossip, sex, violence and drama. That's what sells. TV is just another form of media and is just as subject to the dynamics of the human zoo.

I like the quote about the "Human Zoo". Your post is spot on. We want vice in America and the gossip, sex and drama is equivalent to the vice of society's collective mind. Reality shows confound reality, they are not reality.

In my private reality show I deal with physics. The winner goes home alive and gets to keep all the gold he finds. No $50K prize money, no cameras, no script. Losers dont count at all. I beleive that is why I prospect...for the reality of it. And whenever I see a "Race for Gold" I generally race in the opposite direction.

I haven't owned a television in 20 years. Leaves a heck of a lot more time for searching. I wish all the folks that participate the very best and hope that you all find some reality along with the gold.

I suspect you are being naive, Skip...reality shows exist on the drama they manufacture...I would love to be wrong about my assessment but the advertisers want ratings and they won't get those by standing on the moral high ground or by walking the high road.

Nonetheless, I wish you and your friends success.

fred

I have nothing to do with the show other than rooting for my friends to succeed and hopefully "have their way" if and when they do, I know that they will have a hard time finding a production company that is willing to sign a contract without having complete control but I hope they do, it would be refreshing to see a gold finding show that portraits what it's really like but with a little competition.

I haven't planned on entering to be on one of the teams but I wouldn't mind working behind the scenes working on equipment, etc.

Skip