Nugget Shooter Forums
Landon M

Gold Basin Outing

Thanks Bill for putting the outing together. We had a blast! It was great putting a face to some of the forum names. Everyone was more than helpful. The wind was a little tough and unfortunately we got the skunk but no complaints, it was an overall awesome weekend. Cant wait to do it again..

Landon

I totally agree. :thumbsupanim

Great time! Nice meeting everyone.

Good to meet you and your dad, Landon. Sorry we left without saying goodbyes. We hunted a couple of hours in the morning. Found two more pieces of foil and had one really nice signal that turned out to be a bullet fragment. :wah2:

When we got back to camp everyone was out :head: . So, we loaded up and hit the road at 10:00. Got home at 7:30 that night just beating the snow.

Hope to meet up with you guys soon,

Steve

Nice meeting you and your boy Steve. I was trying to get your attention as you pulled away early that morning. I didn't notice you only had one detector until you quaded by.. we had an extra gmt you could've used so you both could swing something. Glad to hear you'll had a good time.. next time we meet up the feel free to use it anytime.

Landon

Yup nice to have met some new faces and though this was not really an outing like we are used to it was great. Sometimes it is fun to let folks know there will be a few forum members at a hunt and see who shows...

Had a great time and see you all next time...Bill

Nice meeting you and your boy Steve. I was trying to get your attention as you pulled away early that morning. I didn't notice you only had one detector until you quaded by.. we had an extra gmt you could've used so you both could swing something. Glad to hear you'll had a good time.. next time we meet up the feel free to use it anytime.

Landon

Thanks for the offer Landon, Austin hasn't quite caught the metal detecting bug yet. He's happy riding the quad, hammering rocks with his rock hammer and chasing lizards for now. I imagine that when I start finding some gold that may all change. He does enjoy camping and being in the great outdoors and thats cool. Hey, keep in touch, maybe we could plan a trip somewhere in the middle of the state(equal driving hours) and do some nugget shooting. I know you guys are intersted in coming up to Winnemucca area(long drive for you), let me know if and when you do and I will meet you out there.

pm or e-mail me if you like,

phone# 775-781-6917,

Take care,

Steve

Hey Bill. Let me add my thanks for the outing. Had a great time as usual.

And for you fella's around the campfire that heard my true story about the AZ Highway Patrolman, you may want to remember my excuse ..... :inocent:

Till the next time, which I hope will be soon,

Patrick.....

Thanks for the offer Landon, Austin hasn't quite caught the metal detecting bug yet. He's happy riding the quad, hammering rocks with his rock hammer and chasing lizards for now. I imagine that when I start finding some gold that may all change. He does enjoy camping and being in the great outdoors and thats cool. Hey, keep in touch, maybe we could plan a trip somewhere in the middle of the state(equal driving hours) and do some nugget shooting. I know you guys are intersted in coming up to Winnemucca area(long drive for you), let me know if and when you do and I will meet you out there.

pm or e-mail me if you like,

phone# 775-781-6917,

Take care,

Steve

Sounds great Steve.. We are actually planning a trip northbound late april, ill keep you posted. Hopefully Austin can come too, chasin snakes and lizards is something ill never grow out of.

ill txt you my info..

landon

Hey Bill. Let me add my thanks for the outing. Had a great time as usual.

And for you fella's around the campfire that heard my true story about the AZ Highway Patrolman, you may want to remember my excuse ..... :inocent:

Till the next time, which I hope will be soon,

Patrick.....

Patrick, it was a pleasure meeting you. thank you again for the footprints/internet research tips. Good stuff..

Landon

Bill,

Thanks for the Gold Basin Outing. Luanne and I enjoyed meeting some faces from the forum and learning more about our TDI. The wind blew, my hopes grew, but no nuggets for us. We really enjoyed the experience and met sonme nice people. We are continueing our quest in Wickenburg. Brian & Luanne from Iowa

I am so brand new it's ridiculous - but hello! I live close by Dolan Springs (45 min) but have not been there yet. I may see you all as I begin my journey to find a nugget myself. Have done so in the past in El Paso Mtns, Ca, but not here yet! Any information re: starter metal detector advice would be much appreciated. Don't have one yet-need one ASAP! I plan to join Mohave Prospector's Club, too, this upcoming meeting. I am just saying hello here and look forward to meeting my fellow locals and visitors! I plan to drive up Sunday to see roads from directions I wrote down. If you see lost people in a green Ford SUV, it will be me and family! (My husband and 22 yr old son also have the fever.)

I am so brand new it's ridiculous - but hello! I live close by Dolan Springs (45 min) but have not been there yet. I may see you all as I begin my journey to find a nugget myself. Have done so in the past in El Paso Mtns, Ca, but not here yet! Any information re: starter metal detector advice would be much appreciated. Don't have one yet-need one ASAP! I plan to join Mohave Prospector's Club, too, this upcoming meeting. I am just saying hello here and look forward to meeting my fellow locals and visitors! I plan to drive up Sunday to see roads from directions I wrote down. If you see lost people in a green Ford SUV, it will be me and family! (My husband and 22 yr old son also have the fever.)

Welcome to the forum and you have come to the right place to learn.

Tellerhello Welcome -this forum will help you get up to speed quickly. I live in Phoenix and came up to the Gold Basin get together last year, it was great, you have Gold and Meteorites right in your back yard. Just jump in !! Dave