Nugget Shooter Forums

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone actually sells their gold? Who to, where? I have been thinking about unloading a bit for some new gear and such and wondering where I might get the best deal? Any help would be great thanks!

:thumbsupanim EZ 2 do always--Craigslist--face to face in a bank for all folks involved safety--tax free(all sales over $300 to any dealer taxed by feds and certain states =30% by by) or forums all over the net for any state you live in. You find the gold and buyers will follow-John :inocent:

I even saw a couple dealers at a local rock show with signs that they buy gold. I decided to see what they would offer me and one of them wanted to pay “Spot” for my gold. It was all pickers but none of them were over a gram.

I just sold 3 ounces for $1435 per ounce in Las Cruces last week. All chunky gold between 1g to 1 dwt. found with a detector. Sold it straight to the pawn shop and it was the best deal I could find. They paid cash with no refining fees, no tax, no other BS at all. They came up with the exact weight that I did so I didn't get reamed on weight either. Of course they paid in $20 bills that smelled like a meth factory but only three bills were counterfeit so I figure I did just fine. I paid my electric bill with the bad bills, bought 3 lbs. gunpowder for the AR and stashed the rest.

Bobby

Goldbay.com ebay.com craigslist I placed some ads in craigslist selling gold, saying you dont have to pay taxes, I am selling gold at spot price, and they got pulled every time.... so watch how you word it...

Any body that can sell raw gold for 100% spot is doing very well.

Also:

Prior to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, signed into law in March 2010, 1099s were used to report unearned income like payments to contractors and interest and dividends.The act now also requires dealers to report transactions of goods and services that exceed $600 by using Form 1099. The requirement goes into effect as of January 1, 2012. Gold, considered a precious metal, falls under this category. The Joint Committee on Taxation, as reported by ABC News, estimates the new reporting requirements will allow the government to collect $17 billion in previously uncollected taxes over 10 years

Read more: Government Tax Regulations for Buying & Selling Gold Coins | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_7917671_government-buying-selling-gold-coins.html#ixzz1H0BPSFrS

Interesting to be sure-I'll have to give it a shot and see what I can come up with. I found GPAA claims to buy high. Anyone had any experience with them?

bought 3 lbs. gunpowder for the AR and stashed the rest.

I like your thinking Bob ;)

I have sold a moderate amount on ebay years ago. They doubled there investment with todays prices :D

Any body that can sell raw gold for 100% spot is doing very well.

Also:

Prior to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, signed into law in March 2010, 1099s were used to report unearned income like payments to contractors and interest and dividends.The act now also requires dealers to report transactions of goods and services that exceed $600 by using Form 1099. The requirement goes into effect as of January 1, 2012. Gold, considered a precious metal, falls under this category. The Joint Committee on Taxation, as reported by ABC News, estimates the new reporting requirements will allow the government to collect $17 billion in previously uncollected taxes over 10 years

Read more: Government Tax Regulations for Buying & Selling Gold Coins | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_7917671_government-buying-selling-gold-coins.html#ixzz1H0BPSFrS

That is only for law abiding citizens. If you sell it to a cartel operated business on the border they pay cash and dont charge taxes. Instead of taxes they push a few phony bills your way and everyone goes away happy. And they also seem to be happy with paying 100% spot becasue they know gold is going to rise and they are not getting charged 10% to launder the money. So it works well for both the buyer and the seller.

We have the FBI agents, the Feds, as well as local law selling guns to them. The local gangs are selling drugs for them. A lot of high end autos and bullet proof cars are sold to them. A huge number of aircraft are sold to them as well as boats. Many large businesses in the Southwest are owned by them and theirs is the biggest dollar on the border by a huge margin. Most houses being built in our area today are for the Capos to live on this side of the border. The prospectors may as well sell gold to them too. They buy most of the fine art, a lot of guns, expensive building materials and finishes, gold, silver, and any rare and beautiful item for top dollar. Now that our economy has tanked they are the only boys with the cash to invest and they are doing a fantastic job of buying all our riches and paying us back with the drug money we have given them.

So support the largest American business there is today! The drug trade! The gangsters and thugs are all wearing gold and driving new Mercedes Benz autos. If they get caught they serve five years and make more money than we do working for 15 years. The rest of us honest men are paying taxes on the bailout and grubbing for our next meal due to allowing our government to use us. We are doing with less and less. The Capos are living the high life and will buy our homes when we get reposessed and our government will let them do it. And somewhere, someone will be pulling $4500 worth of New Mexico gold out of a thugs teeth on a dirty street in Juarez.

There are many good ways to sell gold besides BB's all encompassing drug cartel takeover of New Mexico. There are many like myself that at times will pay a very fair price for placer and bullion gold. Selling to a jeweler that uses nuggets is good, selling to a collector is very good. Using Craigslist is also very good but the deal must be consumated in a good public area like a bank or PO. Very rarely do I sell gold but that is only because I make it into jewelry and am able to sell it for more than spot.

If you are selling gold just to get cash... Craigslist or ebay work. But if you are going to sell it to buy something particular, you just might be able to trade gold for an item... that is my favorite way to use gold. Then, there is always trying to sell your gold on these forums, but many times seller and buyer live far apart

Many places in gold country seem to have a well known gold buyer. They are into this strictly for profit and will usually offer the lowest price of all only because they need to turn a profit when they sell. Same goes for pawn shops....

• 2 weeks later...

i live in vegas and had 57 grammes of fine placer gold / no where here in vegas would take it.

about 2 weeks ago i sent it to refinery in texas, they signed for the package last monday, i havent heard anything since its saturday night now i wil ring them on monday to find out how things are going or hopefully they will have e mailed me or there might be a few dollars more in my bank account.

at the moment im prospecting full time and starting to keep all recepts pertaining to gold sales.

if i had the gold melted into a button they could have done an acid terst on it so i will have to get up to speed on that.

im amazed you got spot value from a pawn shop.

the refinery i sent gold to solidifies the gold in aqua regina and them pays me 98% the value of pure gold on the spot price that day unfortunately for me gold has dropped nearly $50 in price this week alone. the stocks keep raising up ,personally i think the stocks rallys are built on a house of cards and will tumble sharply some time in the near futre.

i will post on how i get on with selling the gold, i have to date recepts to cover any moneys i receive from this gold im selling through gas and new equipment i purchased which was mostly made by small companies based locally in gold areas in good ol USA.

Bedrock Bob,

"...Of course they paid in $20 bills that smelled like a meth factory but only three bills were counterfeit so I figure I did just fine. I paid my electric bill with the bad bills, bought 3 lbs. gunpowder for the AR and stashed the rest..."

You have a fabulous way with description.

I am waiting for your first book of short stories or 'observations while detecting'.

I too have noticed the influx of (it's always black with tinted windows isn't it?), Mercedes

zooming around our city (the outskirts of LA etc.), with drivers and passengers

that make me wonder what I have been doing wrong all these years.

It all looks so easy.

Oh well.

Flak

Flak ole buddy let me see if I understand this....you've got a great family....your retired...you live comfortably...your a great American...

so why are you beating yourself up for something you can't identify as wrong??? Ok I'll give you a clue if your really bent on finding some-

thing....you can't find gold even if you fall over it!!!! So there!!!!

Anytime you want to change that come on down....

i live in vegas and had 57 grammes of fine placer gold / no where here in vegas would take it.

about 2 weeks ago i sent it to refinery in texas, they signed for the package last monday, i havent heard anything since its saturday night now i wil ring them on monday to find out how things are going or hopefully they will have e mailed me or there might be a few dollars more in my bank account.

at the moment im prospecting full time and starting to keep all recepts pertaining to gold sales.

if i had the gold melted into a button they could have done an acid terst on it so i will have to get up to speed on that.

im amazed you got spot value from a pawn shop.

the refinery i sent gold to solidifies the gold in aqua regina and them pays me 98% the value of pure gold on the spot price that day unfortunately for me gold has dropped nearly $50 in price this week alone. the stocks keep raising up ,personally i think the stocks rallys are built on a house of cards and will tumble sharply some time in the near futre.

i will post on how i get on with selling the gold, i have to date recepts to cover any moneys i receive from this gold im selling through gas and new equipment i purchased which was mostly made by small companies based locally in gold areas in good ol USA.

i got pAID TODAY FOR THE GOLD I SOLD AND IM OVER THE MOON.Im delighted with what i got for it. pay some bills / fix the steering in the truck and i will be able to stock up on grub and gas to go out get me some more yellow.