Nugget Shooter Forums

Kids Metal Detector

So this is Glenn's wife posting here. We need some help.

We are looking looking at getting a kids metal detector for our 5 yr old daughter. We don't want something super fancy. It just needs to beep and maybe find coins or at least something if its on the ground....I don't want her digging up nails..which I have a feeling is what there would be plenty of in our backyard under the dirt.

So if anyone has any ideas. I have seen a lot on amazon. Radio Shack, Discover kids apparently have models. I'd like to stay around $50 (this is a toy after all) but I'd like to have a decent one, so she can be beepin around next to her daddy.

Thanks for your suggestions!

AAwwwwww....come on Mrs. M....fess up...it's really for you isn't it??...Au Seeker pretty well nailed it with the Bounty

Hunter and be sure to post a pic when you outdo Glenn....

Greetings Glenns wife !!!! and Welcome.

My :twocents: on the subject tell Glenn to cruise all the detecting forums looking for a USED TESORO COMPADRE spend 75.00 to 100.00 on it and you will have an excellent detector for the kids or adult use whenever it is needeed.

Greetings Glenns wife !!!! and Welcome.

My :twocents: on the subject tell Glenn to cruise all the detecting forums looking for a USED TESORO COMPADRE spend 75.00 to 100.00 on it and you will have an excellent detector for the kids or adult use whenever it is needeed.

AGREED!!!

• 7 months later...

Hadn't updated this, so I figured I would... This is Glenn, by the way.

We got the bounty hunter and my daughter has a ball with it. Found a good amount of trash so far...

Archived