Nugget Shooter Forums

bIG NUGGET SOLD

The Washington Gold Nugget was discovered on property near Washington, California in Nevada County, east of Nevada City near the famous Mother Lode Gold Rush mining camp in an unmined section of the Omega-Malakoff Tertiary Channel in March, 2010 by by Jim Sanders, a San Francisco businessman; Sanders said the area was covered with gravel left from hydraulic mines. I bet there will be a lot of Highgrading with the size of this nugget....

• 1 month later...

I also heard he found it in Omega diggings which has always been railroad land, Union pacific railroad. There is a caretaker who lives there and never lets anyone get in there.

We have tried a long time but maybe he had permission or something. To me its like anything else. Right place at the right time. Theres nuggets like that all over more than likely. You just have to be lucky IMO and have good equipment and known locations of nice nuggets!

Jerry

I also heard he found it in Omega diggings which has always been railroad land, Union pacific railroad. There is a caretaker who lives there and never lets anyone get in there.

We have tried a long time but maybe he had permission or something. To me its like anything else. Right place at the right time. Theres nuggets like that all over more than likely. You just have to be lucky IMO and have good equipment and known locations of nice nuggets!

Jerry

Omega is not just rail land. There are several other private property parcels in that pit. It's anybody guess where it was found. If the rumor has it was found in Omega, I would probably assume it was found in the Mojave Desert...

Omega is not just rail land. There are several other private property parcels in that pit. It's anybody guess where it was found. If the rumor has it was found in Omega, I would probably assume it was found in the Mojave Desert...

It was found on private property in the Nevada city area.

• 3 weeks later...

Well now possibly found in Austrailia? This guy should of took the money and dissapeared because I also thought he wanted people to buy this land or something like that. i could be wrong in hearing that. Finding a nugget that size might fetch more money in todays market of fallen property values.

In any case it doesn`t seem like he stole it or anything so if people bought it for 450,000 well they got to inspect it beforehand.

I wonder how long Kellyco will keep using it in there Nokta detector ad.

Seems like a lot of folks have been lead down the garden path.

GPR not

When I read the story in the ICMJ's June 2010 issue one thing bothered me, when it was reported that they stopped digging till they got "permits" seem like a good chance a visit from CGF is in order at least.

As for its sale price, it was billed as the "largest surviving CA gold nugget" since it is a OZ nugget and if that was known it would have never reached that price, sorta like a worn out nag sold as a derby contender.