Nugget Shooter Forums

Looking for Sidekick /Yuma

Looking to hook up with some one in the Yuma Area, that likes to prospect for gold with a metal detector . I have a side by side UTV and swing a minelab, not looking to chaffer and body around the desert, must have their own ATV or UTV for back up in case of break downs Buddy system. If interest Email me leonard.pawlak@Yahoo.com

Welcome to the forum, I moved to Morristown in 2008 from Yuma and I get a lot of inquires from there lately, I will forward your post to a couple of them. Yuma as I have repeatedly posted is a tough area to get access too, you have to avoid the US Army Proving Grounds, they have lazer and other sensors and it takes about 15 minutes before you are in custody, it takes a little longer for the Indians to catch you on any of the Res,s but it far more serious.

Your best bet is to Join the Southwest Prospectors Association of San Diego, they have claims just across the river the " potholes area" that has produced for 200 years and still does for the ones that persist. SWMPA has a yahoo page where you can down load the membership info.

Yuma has a small club but I understand it has a limit on members and has been running a waiting list since about 2006, there is a prospecting shop there where you can get some info there, the Sunday news paper prints the meetings for the coin shooters club and GPAA meetings. The area is tough because of the # of claims, 72 square miles<> are owned by the same extended family.

The prospecting friend I am sending your info to is a cop so if you have a problem with that ??

Most of the newbies I have helped get set up over there never follow up and get back to me but a few do, I have a standing offer to Active duty military to take them on a prospecting trip here around the LSD/Monarch Wash area where I belong to the Phoenix Roadrunners , Weaver, & Miners Creek clubs and own or control 360 more acres of claims in the area. I used to do this at Yuma and it was very popular with the Marines and man can they dig holes!! I furnish everything for Active Duty personel.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your finds.

Max

Max

Howdy Lenny and glad to see you are still around and I still remember picking up my first Minelab PI detector used from you. That trusty old 2100 many years back sure did treat me well... Wish I was closer to ya and still may just come down for a hunt before it gets cooking.

Howdy Lenny and glad to see you are still around and I still remember picking up my first Minelab PI detector used from you. That trusty old 2100 many years back sure did treat me well... Wish I was closer to ya and still may just come down for a hunt before it gets cooking.

Ya it was finding gold for me to, my ex wife asked me why did I want to sell it, cause it was finding gold, I still kick my self for selling it. I think if you was a nice guy you split you finds with me. My girlfriend has a fit when I go out by my self, so thats why I looking to find some to swing with. I was out last week drove all the way back to my trailer pulled the UTV on the trailer shut it off, didnt like the way I parked it, tried to again. It was dead. Talk about luck. Heading out this morning to do a little swinging

Welcome to the forum, I moved to Morristown in 2008 from Yuma and I get a lot of inquires from there lately, I will forward your post to a couple of them. Yuma as I have repeatedly posted is a tough area to get access too, you have to avoid the US Army Proving Grounds, they have lazer and other sensors and it takes about 15 minutes before you are in custody, it takes a little longer for the Indians to catch you on any of the Res,s but it far more serious.

Your best bet is to Join the Southwest Prospectors Association of San Diego, they have claims just across the river the " potholes area" that has produced for 200 years and still does for the ones that persist. SWMPA has a yahoo page where you can down load the membership info.

Yuma has a small club but I understand it has a limit on members and has been running a waiting list since about 2006, there is a prospecting shop there where you can get some info there, the Sunday news paper prints the meetings for the coin shooters club and GPAA meetings. The area is tough because of the # of claims, 72 square miles<> are owned by the same extended family.

The prospecting friend I am sending your info to is a cop so if you have a problem with that ??

Most of the newbies I have helped get set up over there never follow up and get back to me but a few do, I have a standing offer to Active duty military to take them on a prospecting trip here around the LSD/Monarch Wash area where I belong to the Phoenix Roadrunners , Weaver, & Miners Creek clubs and own or control 360 more acres of claims in the area. I used to do this at Yuma and it was very popular with the Marines and man can they dig holes!! I furnish everything for Active Duty personel.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your finds.

Max

Max

Thanks Max for your reply I been in Yuma since 60 so I pretty much know where I can or can not go. As for your buddy the cop no problem. It just that my girl friend has a fit. When I go out by my self. I GPS her on my cell phone of the area I am swing in so if things get tight, they know what area to look in. The partner I had pass a way about three years ago we always took two utv so we had back up if one broke down.

Ya it was finding gold for me to, my ex wife asked me why did I want to sell it, cause it was finding gold, I still kick my self for selling it. I think if you was a nice guy you split you finds with me. My girlfriend has a fit when I go out by my self, so thats why I looking to find some to swing with. I was out last week drove all the way back to my trailer pulled the UTV on the trailer shut it off, didnt like the way I parked it, tried to again. It was dead. Talk about luck. Heading out this morning to do a little swinging

Bill if you come down this way Email me you have a place to flop