Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia

Richard if the Nuggetshooter outing wasn't comming up this week I would say yes. Unless Franconia is a must do for you, You may be better off spending a day or more up at Gold Basin as there will be plenty of fellows there doing some hunting for gold and meteorites. Outing is fri-sat-sun but some of us plan to be there earlier camping.

Richard if the Nuggetshooter outing wasn't comming up this week I would say yes. Unless Franconia is a must do for you, You may be better off spending a day or more up at Gold Basin as there will be plenty of fellows there doing some hunting for gold and meteorites. Outing is fri-sat-sun but some of us plan to be there earlier camping.

Frank

When do you plan to get there? If not a problem for you I'd like to hook-up.

Richard

Not sure on day yet I'll know better as the week comes on.

Hi guys...Will be somewhere in Gold Basin on the 14th.

But....keep in mind the SUPER MOON :unsure: is happening on the 19th of this month. ( I think that is the right date) This has not happened in a while. Could be a great time to be out in the desert. Something to witness....

Anyways I don't sleep well on most full moon nights so I might as well be watching this one.

Jim

Hi guys...Will be somewhere in Gold Basin on the 14th.

But....keep in mind the SUPER MOON :unsure: is happening on the 19th of this month. ( I think that is the right date) This has not happened in a while. Could be a great time to be out in the desert. Something to witness....

Anyways I don't sleep well on most full moon nights so I might as well be watching this one.

Jim

Aloha Jim,

Rick and I will be there on monday the 14th as well. Got some old coords from a GB map I used years ago, finally dug thru my storage locker, and plan to make sure Rick gets his first Gold Basin before the GB outing.:grr01: Spent the better part of today cutting and polishing several Gold Basin and Franconia specimens and will be bringing them out there to show you the diference in some of them.

We should be getting there around 8:30am AZ time so keep an eye out for us.

BTW, I also found my Lucky Frog that used to hang from my backpack so he will be coming along for the ride. Watch out Uncle Marvin!!

Aloha and stay safe.

Stan aka Kaimi

post-1619-0-93893700-1299982298_thumb.jp

Jim

Your info is correct Jim, as the Moon will be at Perigee on March 19th. Closest it's been since 1992, so bring your binoculars along and enjoy the views. Only thing I don't like about a full Moon is that there is no "terminator", or line where the light goes to darkness. By looking there you get to see craters and valleys better because of the contrast and shadows.

Unfortunately it's nothing but rain and clouds here, so it's good to know someone will enjoy it!

Mike

Hey Jim. Glad to see you are gonna make the outing. Is Wendy coming with you? My Wendy will be there.

We will camp at the GPAA site.

Patrick.....

Wendy and I will be hunting somewhere in Gold Basin. I missed something....outing???

Jim

Richard, there will be a group at Franconia the 3/18-21 propsecting for meteorites. they're from another forum, but I'm certain you'd be welcome to come along.

Richard, there will be a group at Franconia the 3/18-21 propsecting for meteorites. they're from another forum, but I'm certain you'd be welcome to come along.

Thanks for the info.

Clear Skies,

kgmrg AKA Richard :)

Club Space Rock

Ohhh! I thought it was CRS but you forgot how to spell it? happy0193[1].gif

Jim