Nugget Shooter Forums

Good spot?

christopher

I went out with my family today on the sac. river. On the way back i decided to do a test pan in a creek connecting to the river. In the few minutes i had i scooped up the nearest gravel and panned it out. To my surprise it had a tiny piece of gold in it. The gravel was next to some big volcanic rocks maybe 3 to 4 feet deep to the volcanic rock below. Would this be a good spot to bring my sluice-box and dig in that area? I have only gone once and could use some advice, Also this is in an area that "to my best of my knowledge" has never been mined.

Also, this is one of those areas where people would say. "there is no gold in this area" ive been told that the volcanic activity has covered the gold deposits in this area and its basically right on the upper edge of the Sacramento Valley. So let me know what you think. Im trying it in the morning, rain or shine.. I got the fever!! Ill make a Video for it.

Also, this is one of those areas where people would say. "there is no gold in this area" ive been told that the volcanic activity has covered the gold deposits in this area and its basically right on the upper edge of the Sacramento Valley. So let me know what you think. Im trying it in the morning, rain or shine.. I got the fever!! Ill make a Video for it.

Christopher, since you're going anyway it matters little what folks might think.. :miner:

I'm a greenhorn myself (again), and having a ton of fun even though I'm not finding much of anything. Hope you go out there tomorrow and slay some serious color! :glass:

Mike

(remember: pics or it never happened!..)

:inocent: FIRST RULE A MINING-ascertain whose property it is FIRST before mining. John

No worries, public land, its actually near a public land hiking trail.

You have already proved the presence of gold, just make sure it is not some sort of state land that might be a protected Salmon habitat and really is OK to prospect. If all OK go for it. Not all public land is open to digging it up.....

Hi Christopher

Well done on the vid.

Don't think of it as a waste of time when your testing an area, your trying to prove your spot whether it has gold or not so it's truley never a waste of time, I'm sure the old timers did not think that way, better luck next time

Lee

I really enjoyed the video..looks like you did a great job of testing the area...bummer that the one flake didn't lead to more :eee:

Got to thinking tonight how prospecting seems an awful lot like fishing.

There is fishing, and then there is catching.

There is prospecting, and then there are paystreaks.

I'm a rookie too, and definitely would have sampled that area if I were in your shoes. I spent the better part of a whole day sluicing a local river a couple weeks back and, just like you had found one flake of new gold in a test pan, and decided that was the spot to be. Dug a big hole, ran about 5 buckets of 1/4- material through the A52 and came up empty. Still, it was a great day in the fresh air, and like my old man used to say "the fishing was great but the catching was lousy".

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I got a guy that knows what he is doing going with me for the next video. I believe we are gunna hit some creeks around the feather river. I would like to organize a group get together for people in the Nor. Cal. area. I'm getting a claim for some high banking sluicing and panning. A huge discount price because of the dredge ban. Anyways if you are interested PM me, and ill meet with you and hook you up with directions.

Thanks for everyone who is coming! Amazing how many people responded! Anyways i think 20+ people are plenty! so please no more pms. See yall in june!