Nugget Shooter Forums

New rules at BLM for filing association claims

lotsa luck

Association filings must now also include signed and notarized forms from all claimants stating their interest in filing and working the claim along with proper addresses along with power of attorney granting the person actually filing the claim permission. No formal form from BLM is available so you must figure it all out on your own and hope it meets their demands or be turned away. I just found this out yesterday and they said it's some brand new decision. More paperwork that is unclear for sure but maybe it will limit certain paper stakers we all know of from continuing their old ways.

Let's see; some goverment pointy head comes up with some rules that no one can logically explain, implement or enforce----color me shocked. In the southeast I never had to deal with the BLM but we had plenty of other alphabet groups to contend with. ACOE, DNR, and all the locals who really had no clue about the laws yet could surely ruin your outing if they wanted to. Sad part is that over the years the general public has been brain-washed into weird beliefs on the subject. Private land owners that 10-15 years ago had no problem granting permission for me to get wet in their streams are now convinced me and my hand sluice are responsible for whole sale destruction of the envrioment. Forget about mentioning a small dredge, arrrgh.

Must be in writing for me to believe-never trust bureauratz who speak with forked tongue and no rulings decisions posted on BLM site??? smells fishy but?????thanx will call blm cop bud to see. :yuk-yuk: I know I know,miner with a blm cop friend--can't we all just get along--yes as long as I get what I want,need and or desire :inocent: -John

I know they do have a form for the power of attorney on association placers. I have used it. That way one person can file and renew without chasing down all those signatures each time.

As far as a notarized form from all owners stating intent I have not heard of that. You would think that it would be just like the claim location form inasmuch as there is no set format. You could use any format that contained the required elements.

The law does say that each partner must have a legitimate interest in the claim. I dont see a darn thing wrong with that. So many guys use their kids, their elderly grandmothers, and homeless on the street to hold acreage and not have to pay the seperate fees.

I know a guy that has hundreds of acres tied up that he has no intention of ever working and he is constantly looking for "signers" so he can hold more. My feelign is that he should get legitimate partners or pay the fees for each claim. Thems the rules.

Maybe this will stop some of that. If people had to prove compliance with the law there might be some claims open up for those who are interested. For those who are legitimate it should be no problem to comply, just more paper and effort.

We all know there are many who get very creative with association placers, locating boundaries, and doing fraudulent assessments. Just like demanding ID at the voting booth it is a burden on the public but keeps things on teh up and up.

Here it is as a scanned PDF of what they gave us.

I don't have a problem with these new demands since we don't use fictitious claimants on any of our filing's as some do, just wish they would settle on one way and stick with it so we don't constantly run into surprises every time we visit them.

My wife / attorney drafted up a proper form to fill their demands if anyone wants it you should email me through the forum.

blmbs.pdf

Myself, I think it would be a good thing and yes some of the BLM folks here in N. Cal are really good guys and gals that do want to help us small scale miners. I have seen so many claim records in the Sac office that the yearly signatures certainly are not from the original locators... always hated that.......

My wife / attorney drafted up a proper form to fill their demands if anyone wants it you should email me through the forum.

I'll take ya up on that offer.

Tried to send a PM, but you can't get anymore mail.

I can see where this may really raise 'll with some of the prospecting associations. :hmmmmm:

It kinda makes me think of the AT&T break up. :brows:

Check out the last paragraph. This could free up a lot of ground that people are just sitting on. :unsure:

Myself, I think it would be a good thing and yes some of the BLM folks here in N. Cal are really good guys and gals that do want to help us small scale miners. I have seen so many claim records in the Sac office that the yearly signatures certainly are not from the original locators... always hated that.......

I'm all for rules--just wish they are clear and concise. Most important---fairly enforced. I can see how you guys out west get frustrated by people sand-bagging claims. I've always been of the mindset that they should clear that problem up without putting extra burdens on those that are going by the book. I'm sure most guys and gals that work for the BLM are good people caught in the middle. However, one can have a brain bleed when a ACOE person informs you that while you are allowed to dregde in the river you cannot use the public slip to put your rig in the water because it is not a "recreational" water craft. After agreeing to not use the slip you are then told that allowing your dredge to slide down the bank constitutes damage to ACOE property and punishable fines and conficastion of property.So you go several miles upstream to drift down and get to work---at which point someone informs you that you can't dreage because you are removing goverment property.

What's more,after getting home you confirm your original suspicion--the property wasn't even ACOE in the first place! Which is why you went there to start with .

I'll take ya up on that offer.

Tried to send a PM, but you can't get anymore mail.

Don't know why you got that warning, my box should be clear.

Also as an update we went back today with all the proper paperwork, all signed and notarized as told was required. Walked in at 20 minutes till 4:00 which is when they close and were told to come back tomorrow morning because the person we talked to had no idea about any new rules. We handed her the paper they gave us on Monday and she said she had never seen it, come back tomorrow. How HANDY tomorrow is NOT!

Our taxes at waste....

Updated info on the form is that they took the form this morning happily and since they only took copies of it for the case file the notarized the form can be used over and over for future similar claims. We already had an AMC number but if your use does not just leave it blank and file it with the new claim paperwork.

Updated info on the form is that they took the form this morning happily and since they only took copies of it for the case file the once notarized the form can be used over and over for future similar claims. We already had an AMC number but if your use does not just leave it blank and file it with the new claim paperwork.

So, how do I get a copy of the form? :huh:

• 2 months later...

Lotsa Luck - I took the form your wife created into the PHX BLM office today. I asked them to look it over and make sure that it met their new requirements before turning it in. I was told that it did. Thank you and your wife for forwarding this to me.

-Joe

Thank You Lotsa, it appears Bunk and I have run into this. From what I understand of it the notarized form should be a good addition to the process. Now no one can add the family dog etc. as names to a claim to enlarge their interests. And thanks go to your wife for helping out. Hapy Huntn to all.

All this is fine about association claims-BUT the BLM does not have the funds or personnel to enforce it, there

are people who have 50 or more sections under claim, just look at the records.

So who are they going to go after ? Joe and his 7 people on 160 acres or some Corp with whole sections ( Section= 1 SQ Mile) ??

A good lawyer is like a good bookkeeper. A good bookkeeper does not tell you what the books say but asks what do you want them to say!

This is all just a fart in a whirlwind and nothing will change! Well it might eliminate the family dog or the new baby but even the new baby has a SS card!the form?

How about it notary's? Can the baby personally appear and put its footprint on the form?

BTW: Any claim with more than 20 acres is an association claim, IE; man and wife on 40 acre claim. 43 CFR 3833.33

Nuttn' new here as always notarized all legal documents and that blm statement refers to annual filings which I have also notarized forever soooooooo nuttn' new to me?? As NEVER will do an association as quickest way to lose friends/relatives/and get into legal entanglements-JohnJohn