Nugget Shooter Forums

Fisher Labs Customer Service

Well, my GB Pro came in today and I immediately took it out of the box to try it out. Now mind you, I only ordered the detector, but to my surprise the factory also sent me a pair of Fisher Headphones and a Teknetics digging pick as well. When I plugged the headphones in and started swinging the detector, I noticed that with every swing one of the speakers would cut completely out and give no sound. I called Fisher Labs and spoke with a gentleman named Felix. Man was he helpful. He immediately set up a RMA, emailed me a pre-paid shipping label for FEDEX, sent out another pair of Headphones, and even threw in a display raincover for the unit free of charge.

With CS like that, this is a brand that I will be using (along with White's) for a very long time to come. Thanks to Fisher Labs for making a wrong, right, in record time.

Well, my GB Pro came in today and I immediately took it out of the box to try it out. Now mind you, I only ordered the detector, but to my surprise the factory also sent me a pair of Fisher Headphones and a Teknetics digging pick as well. When I plugged the headphones in and started swinging the detector, I noticed that with every swing one of the speakers would cut completely out and give no sound. I called Fisher Labs and spoke with a gentleman named Felix. Man was he helpful. He immediately set up a RMA, emailed me a pre-paid shipping label for FEDEX, sent out another pair of Headphones, and even threw in a display raincover for the unit free of charge.

With CS like that, this is a brand that I will be using (along with White's) for a very long time to come. Thanks to Fisher Labs for making a wrong, right, in record time.

I sure am glad to hear they took care of you, but - A brand new detector that doesn't work right out of the box? You can give me all the extras in the world, but if the machine isn't working the first time you turn it on, you have to ask yourself what else ain't right. A lot of folks have been posting about loose screws and other problems with these new Fisher machines. Sure hope they get it together before they damage their really great reputation! - Thanks for posting! - Terry

I just registered today. For the purpose to post a comment on this thread. I too called Fisher yesterday. I first spoke to a female who wanted to know of my technical problem with my Fisher detector. In which I purchased new some 5 years ago. She then transferred me to Daniel. I explained the same story to Daniel. Daniel's reply was that I needed to speak to Felix. I spoke to Felix the same story over again. Felix's reply was why did Daniel transfer me to him. Felix has nothing to do with it. I'm guessing here technical problems were Daniels department. Maybe like Chrismans problems of new orders is Felix's concern? Anyway, Felix tried transferring me several times back to Daniel. I could here it for over a minute. But Daniel never picked up. So Felix took down my number but I never did receive a call right back from Daniel.

Maybe on new orders they would fix to get right. But like many other detector companies. If your unit is used it can be a different story. I agree with Terry through my own personal experience.

Hey... It was not the detector that was DOA it was the free headphones plus they replaced them asap. I just bought a brand new set of Black Widows and they came DOA... took almost two weeks to get them back after a repair, I figured with all the great comments about Detector Pro they would have immediately replaced them with new. I commend Fisher on a job well done

Hey... It was not the detector that was DOA it was the free headphones plus they replaced them asap. I just bought a brand new set of Black Widows and they came DOA... took almost two weeks to get them back after a repair, I figured with all the great comments about Detector Pro they would have immediately replaced them with new. I commend Fisher on a job well done

Thank you Steve! I went back and re-read the post and had another sip of coffee, and re-read the post and - dang! Good on ya Fisher!

You SF guys do have sharp eyes! Thanks again for that catch Steve! - Terry

I am happy, tentatively, with the Fisher El Paso operation. Here is my recent experience: I own 3 Bug2s -- all older units manufactured a decade or more ago. I was down to only one fully operational unit. So I telephoned Fisher to inquire about servicing the two cripples. The woman who answered initially asked some basic questions, made notes, assigned me a tracking number [so I could ship the two GB2s together in the same box] and handed me off to Felix. Felix is the Customer Representative. He took more detailed info from me and passed me on to Daniel. Daniel is the technician who actually does the work. He was too jammed that afternoon to talk to me, but he promptly called the next morning. He said for me to just send in the control boxes and the matching search coils and to label them so he could fine tune each unit to the specific coil that would be utilized [apparently, very minor differences in each coil's anatomy result in getting the best tuning only if that same coil is always paired with the same control box]. I FedExed the units later that day. A few days later Daniel called me with some preliminary findings and verified all the things I wanted performed on my units. Then, Felix, the Customer Rep, telephoned me to discuss what additional things they had found and how much it was estimated to cost [apparently, in addition to worn out switches and such, one of my coils itself was part of the problem and needed to be replaced]. After I gave the go-ahead and paid in advance by credit card I was given a time estimate. The total cost was extremely reasonable considering approximately half of the cost was for the brand new replacement coil and Felix threw in a free skid plate. The units were returned a few days ahead of schedule. I quickly reassembled them and ran them through some limited tests. They both were restored to what I consider "fairly" proper working order, i.e., all the systems and functions seemed to check out in my backyard but not quite the way I remember them responding [the overall sensitivity was high, but the iron discriminate functions of both units seemed a tad off]. As soon as my injured foot allows me, I will give both units a field trial -- probably in three more weeks or so. For the reasons stated in this anecdotal account, it appears to me that Fisher Research Laboratory has made customer satisfaction a major objective. I am a satisfied customer.

I sure am glad to hear they took care of you, but - A brand new detector that doesn't work right out of the box? You can give me all the extras in the world, but if the machine isn't working the first time you turn it on, you have to ask yourself what else ain't right. A lot of folks have been posting about loose screws and other problems with these new Fisher machines. Sure hope they get it together before they damage their really great reputation! - Thanks for posting! - Terry

Hi Terry,

The loose screw was on an old GB2 with lots of miles, not a new one. Wonder who makes headphones?

MicroNugget: I am assuming the detector worked fine. I am too satisfied with Fishers tech support. Just FYI, the coil tuning for units that use multilple coils is a juggling adjustment between coils so that each coil can balance using the outer control. If they tune it to one coil, is may not work with another coil. I just went through all of this and the tech support was excellent.

I was lucky in that I have all the stuff to do my own calibration.

Cheers!

Jim

To add to my previous post. I seemed to work out my differences with Fisher, only time will tell. Back in 2005 I purchased a new top of the line Fisher GS. Which sold at the same price as the GB2. Fisher's most expensive detectors. I now developed a problem with the discriminator. I was told that if my detector cannot be fixed they will send a replacement. The problem is this noisy detector has been discontinued. I wanted it to be understood with Fisher, if my detector cannot be repaired to specs. They would send me the comparable detector GB2. I never received that commitment from Fisher. My detector came with a lifetime warranty. Not a pro-rated adjustment toward another. I do not wish to receive an inferior lower priced unit as a comparable. I want a gold getting machine that would go along with my ML. We will see what happens.