Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YellowFever

detecting on National Forest

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about detecting in the National Forest North of Phoenix? I have asked the local Prospecting shop about it, I was told that they don't know anything about anyplace(bit confused? thought that the shop that was in a business would know something about that business?) Anyway I'm just looking for a better place that may provide some gold and less trash and a decent chance of finding a nugget! :)

Hey YF, I hunt the Bradshaws quite a bit in the summer months. PNF, generaly allows detecting as casual use. This is the PH# 928-443-8000. There are a lot of claims but both Roadrunners and GPAA have claims up this way. There is allways the public panning area below Lynx Lake. Trash, seems to be part of the charm of the Bradshaws, both moderen and old...Still pleanty of gold, you just have to work a little harder at it these days. Have you tried out around Rich Hill? The Weaver club is cheap to join and has some pretty good claims. Bill is throwing a outing at Gold Basin later this month, allways a lot of fun. Hope this helps.

Bunk

Hey YF, I hunt the Bradshaws quite a bit in the summer months. PNF, generaly allows detecting as casual use. This is the PH# 928-443-8000. There are a lot of claims but both Roadrunners and GPAA have claims up this way. There is allways the public panning area below Lynx Lake. Trash, seems to be part of the charm of the Bradshaws, both moderen and old...Still pleanty of gold, you just have to work a little harder at it these days. Have you tried out around Rich Hill? The Weaver club is cheap to join and has some pretty good claims. Bill is throwing a outing at Gold Basin later this month, allways a lot of fun. Hope this helps.

Bunk

Hello, I think that you meet my parents earlier this year! my dad was on one of your claims in gold basin by accident(don't know if you remember them), I was in the Philippines at the time. Anyway I am working the claims over here at Stanton on the GPAA and Weaver claims,just looking for someplace else to try, I plan on going back to Gold Basin for a week or so before I go back to Colorado. Where can I find info about the outing in Gold Basin? Im a member of GPAA over there.

Click on Prospectors Lounge, top post pinned says, Spring Fling.

I don't have anything to travel in but my F-350 crewcab w/full size bed, the Polaris went back to Colorado last week :(

I would love to have someone that has spent the time here teach me about this area, I will send you my cell # in a PM