Nugget Shooter Forums

$5000 to get the first troy o. and a half

im a little over a year prospecting on club grounds for gold and so far i have a little over 50 grammes which was hard got and got by means of a sluice and a dry washer. it costs me about $70 a weekend to go prospect but i love getting out there finding a bit of colour.

all in all food gas equipment i have spent about $5000. my wife gives out to me how much i spend at prospecting and i was starting to feel bad until i seen gold rush Alaska and for a quarter million they only managed to get 12 ounces and their equipment and machinery was a hell of a lot better than my now worn shovel and worn out dry washer. [spent last few weekends fixing up equipment, dry washer is better than it was new now, need to purchase new shovel yet.]

gold rush Alaska cost them $12800 per ounce to recover from the ground [looked to me that the glass jar had a lot of magnecite and black sand mixed in with the gold] obviously they made a lot of money through the show which will pay for their next endevor.

before gold rush Alaska came on i was watching those pilots flying in Alaska [and they earn their pay]. they picked up 2 prospectors who had spent 4 months living in the wilds and working streams for gold. lets say about 110 days spent prospecting and they had a sum total of two and a half ounces of clean gold which seems very little for 110 days work. plus to boot their only way flight to the first available town in alaska cost them $700. can you imagine what they spent on the whole trip.

it also looked like they were camped out in a tent with all those them there bears living in the locality, brave men. i used to camp out in mojave desert until one night the kangaroo rats burrowing to get into the tent put me off camping plus i recently had a run in with a large western diamond back which scared some sence into me.plus 2 close encounters with mojave greens that came so close i cut them up with the shovel as there was no time to back away.

all in all idont feel so bad for what i spent on an enjoyable quest to get my pot of gold, but now alas im hooked and im driven to get more lol.

SV sounds like you have your priorities in order...now about the Mrs.....

Wives have to have something to bitch about and husbands spending money on their hobby is one of their

favorites...solution: put her on that shovel feeding the dry washer down wind for a weekend and you'll

never hear another thing about hunting gold!!!!

im a little over a year prospecting on club grounds for gold and so far i have a little over 50 grammes which was hard got and got by means of a sluice and a dry washer. it costs me about $70 a weekend to go prospect but i love getting out there finding a bit of colour.

all in all food gas equipment i have spent about $5000. my wife gives out to me how much i spend at prospecting and i was starting to feel bad until i seen gold rush Alaska and for a quarter million they only managed to get 12 ounces and their equipment and machinery was a hell of a lot better than my now worn shovel and worn out dry washer. [spent last few weekends fixing up equipment, dry washer is better than it was new now, need to purchase new shovel yet.]

gold rush Alaska cost them $12800 per ounce to recover from the ground [looked to me that the glass jar had a lot of magnecite and black sand mixed in with the gold] obviously they made a lot of money through the show which will pay for their next endevor.

before gold rush Alaska came on i was watching those pilots flying in Alaska [and they earn their pay]. they picked up 2 prospectors who had spent 4 months living in the wilds and working streams for gold. lets say about 110 days spent prospecting and they had a sum total of two and a half ounces of clean gold which seems very little for 110 days work. plus to boot their only way flight to the first available town in alaska cost them $700. can you imagine what they spent on the whole trip.

it also looked like they were camped out in a tent with all those them there bears living in the locality, brave men. i used to camp out in mojave desert until one night the kangaroo rats burrowing to get into the tent put me off camping plus i recently had a run in with a large western diamond back which scared some sence into me.plus 2 close encounters with mojave greens that came so close i cut them up with the shovel as there was no time to back away.

all in all idont feel so bad for what i spent on an enjoyable quest to get my pot of gold, but now alas im hooked and im driven to get more lol.

You could always start tracking the purchases such as Avon, Mary K, exercise equipment, not to mention things that wives buy that I can't think of right now. This always shuts my wife up.

You could always start tracking the purchases such as Avon, Mary K, exercise equipment, not to mention things that wives buy that I can't think of right now. This always shuts my wife up.

The case for finding gold profitable has a lot to do with good economics....

Spend as little as possible and move as much material as you can...

For me it is matter of lifestyle...

I bought an rv.. I have no apartment or house....and I move from club claim to club claim every 2 weeks...

Unfortunatly the past 2 years I'm stuck in NYC watching my mom's mental condition deteoriate.

Thanks jim and doug for the helpful tips-- wife refuses to go to the desert so it will be difficult to get her working the shovel lol. keeping tabs on her spending is difficult. i have my gear running well now i just need to get a small generator i have an old 1000 watt and itsgetting it hard to light a few bulbs at night. im going to see if i can get a 2500 or 3000watt genny which would run a small window air conditioner in the futre.

i got some unexpected bills and i will have to sell the gold i have im sending it to a refinery in texas i will let ye know how i get on.

Thanks jim and doug for the helpful tips-- wife refuses to go to the desert so it will be difficult to get her working the shovel lol. keeping tabs on her spending is difficult. i have my gear running well now i just need to get a small generator i have an old 1000 watt and itsgetting it hard to light a few bulbs at night. im going to see if i can get a 2500 or 3000watt genny which would run a small window air conditioner in the futre.

i got some unexpected bills and i will have to sell the gold i have im sending it to a refinery in texas i will let ye know how i get on.

Is it one of them inexpensive generators ? Have you been doing tune-up's and checked the speed it's running at. I went home and started up my generator tweaked the speed and ran a small vacumn to clean my rv out with it. It's a cheap chinese generator