Nugget Shooter Forums

I did a little research and several site says that "A ton of cell phones can yield as much as 280 grams of gold, about 140 grams of platinum and palladium, and 140 kilograms of copper". I weight my average cell phone an it weight around 3+ ounces, which is about 10,000 cell phones to a ton, after a little math I came to the conclusion that my cell phone has about $1.26 worth of gold in it, and if you figure the other metals I figure that my cell phone has about $3+/- worth of precious metals and copper in it!

Skip

I did a little research and several site says that "A ton of cell phones can yield as much as 280 grams of gold, about 140 grams of platinum and palladium, and 140 kilograms of copper". I weight my average cell phone an it weight around 3+ ounces, which is about 10,000 cell phones to a ton, after a little math I came to the conclusion that my cell phone has about $1.26 worth of gold in it, and if you figure the other metals I figure that my cell phone has about $3+/- worth of precious metals and copper in it!

Skip

The real question is how do I get it out ?

!

Look for "Megan Rose" She has all the info and stuff you need, I have a furnace /smelter built to her plans and a lot of black sand flux, its fun to recover stuff from electronics but its time consuming! Older IBM and Apple computers sre loaded with gold.

Google "retrieving precious metals from electronics"