Nugget Shooter Forums

Modding to a 3 stage sluice

Good afternoon everyone,

I am new to the forum so forgive me if I slip on protocol.

I was wondering if anyone has ever modified an already existing dredge to a three stage sluice. I have discussed with quite a few people at keene about thier 3 stage system and from what I gather the "Main" requirement is the amount of water moved and pump size. Of course the three stage sluice only starts at a 4 inch dredge; however, the 3 inch has the same pump and engine capabilities. Just not the same sluice.

I know of the site for building one from the ground up three stage but I am just looking for any upgrading an existing keene.

3 stage is a convoluted pain in the arse-just go simple over/under and you'll be a much wealthier happy miner. At least 75% of 3 way I've seen are converted back to my simple o/u designs-John--#1 rule a mining is-KISS=KEEP IT SIMPLE AND STUPID-John :olddude:

3 stage is a convoluted pain in the arse-just go simple over/under and you'll be a much wealthier happy miner. At least 75% of 3 way I've seen are converted back to my simple o/u designs-John--#1 rule a mining is-KISS=KEEP IT SIMPLE AND STUPID-John :olddude:

If you are thinking of prospecting on another planet then 3 stages would be useful. Follow John's advice...KISS.

Oh sorry, I thought the new keene three stage was an over and under. At least from what I have seen it is, but then again I could be wrong. It's ok, I just typed in Over/under dredge in google and up popped some sites with ideas. I am definitely going to modify mine though, it should be here tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh sorry, I thought the new keene three stage was an over and under. At least from what I have seen it is, but then again I could be wrong. It's ok, I just typed in Over/under dredge in google and up popped some sites with ideas. I am definitely going to modify mine though, it should be here tomorrow.

I am sure they mean just 'one' above the other. Two levels instead of three.

post-1252-0-49697100-1301344581_thumb.jp

Newer Keene dredges are over under, but a 3 stage. An over under two stage works very well. I did like my newer keenes, but it took a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to best run the under part for fine gold. The best ever over under was the Keene triple wide sluice design!

post-1252-0-49697100-1301344581_thumb.jp

Newer Keene dredges are over under, but a 3 stage. An over under two stage works very well. I did like my newer keenes, but it took a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to best run the under part for fine gold. The best ever over under was the Keene triple wide sluice design!

Did the Keene triple wide ever morph into a flare tube design, or did they all have the old crash box on 'em?

• 3 years later...

I used a brand new one in Nome last summer, it worked great. Had my partner not run a scam on me and the investors, I would have been back this summer...