Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin on the 28th

Gold Basin

Well since the rain came this weekend it's off to Gold Basin on monday morning on the 28th the same old thing for anybody that can make it channel 11 on the radios, or give me a PM if you need any information. So far it looks like 3 or 4 of us going down there..!

Rick

Gold Basin

Well since the rain came this weekend it's off to Gold Basin on monday morning on the 28th the same old thing for anybody that can make it channel 11 on the radios, or give me a PM if you need any information. So far it looks like 3 or 4 of us going down there..!

Rick

Hey Rick!

Great seeing you, Stan and Roger the other day. On the way home, I threw a weight off a tire and that sure made for a bumpy ride home. So, getting all my tires rotated and balanced today. Red Lake was VERY wet, btw.

With the gas prices the way they are, we spent $79 getting there and back. Kinda hurts! I have most of the last tank of gas but....

First time taking Stockton Hill Rd. That's an awesome drive!

Aloha Jim,

Had a great time and boy need I need them motrin when I got home. Spent almost an hour in the jacuzzi and I almost feel human again.:olddude:

Got that gold basin specimen weighed and it came out at 9.2 gram BUT that little iron wont even register on my scale. I know I have a scale somewhere that reads grains and I will be looking for it later but it was totally awesome to be able to find a gold basin iron out there.

BTW, I have finally gotten all the bugs killed on my Minelab sd2200 and it is running great.:thumbsupanim Looking forward to taking that bad boy out this weekend if all goes well.

Yep, gas here is Vegas is going up about 4-7 cents every day.mad0229[1].gif

Aloha and be safe. See you soon.

Stan aka Ka'imi

Aloha Jim,

Had a great time and boy need I need them motrin when I got home. Spent almost an hour in the jacuzzi and I almost feel human again.:olddude:

Got that gold basin specimen weighed and it came out at 9.2 gram BUT that little iron wont even register on my scale. I know I have a scale somewhere that reads grains and I will be looking for it later but it was totally awesome to be able to find a gold basin iron out there.

BTW, I have finally gotten all the bugs killed on my Minelab sd2200 and it is running great.:thumbsupanim Looking forward to taking that bad boy out this weekend if all goes well.

Yep, gas here is Vegas is going up about 4-7 cents every day.mad0229[1].gif

Aloha and be safe. See you soon.

Stan aka Ka'imi

That was a nice litte specimen with the tail. Did you look close at it yet? Had some nice features. I am guessing 0.15 grams let me know how close I come. 10.8g was a number I had.

What was the deal with your detector??? Wendy's is now calibrated and is working with new coil. tires all balanced and rotated...now they are telling me my ball joints are shot! I could of told them that! After every hunt all my joints are shot!!:yuk-yuk:

Jim

Aloha Jim,

First pic in a looooong time of any find BUT since it was from the MPA34 claim, of which I am a member, here they are for your viewing. The meteorite specimen weighed out at 9.3 grams and the iron came out at 2 grains. The meteorite was about 2 inches deep and the iron was about 7 inches down and it first sounded like a huge specimen. Took me a while to dig the hole and when I lost the signal I kept on sweeping the area not knowing it was stuck on my magnet. DUH!!:tisk-tisk:

I actually worked more trying to find the iron than anything else. But my GMT came thru as usual.

Doc helped me out with the signal enhancer problem and man that machine is sweeeeeet sounding now.:whoope:

Can hardly wait to take it out for a spin. May try Gold Basin again if I have the time. Hey Rick, you up for a day trip in my Jeep? Give me a call.

Aloha and enjoy the pic.

Stan aka Ka'imi

post-1619-0-80291000-1299110079_thumb.jp