Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TAZMAN1972

GP EXTREME SETTINGS HELP

Hi all,

I need some advice for proper settings using my gp extreme. I am detecting in an area that for the most part is pretty quiet, no hot rocks. The bedrock is 6" to 4 foot deep and the gold seems to be anywhere in between the top and bottom of the soil. the gold has been between 5-80 grains, Right now when using a DD platypus I run on, DISK, N, NORMAL and when using a NF 9x14 mono I use, ALL METAL, N, E. Do these seem like pretty good settings to be using?

thx

tazman

Right or wrong this is what I was using on my Extreme:

Front: All metal-N-N-Fixed

Back: Deep

When you get a target and before you ever dig try the switches in different positions and

see what the response is...

Go slow and just touch the ground...if your in rocks or gravel just slightly tilt the detector

opposite the direction your swinging...that helps it over the rocks...

Just for your info...I haven't used "discriminate" since it was invented...why leave goodies for the next

guy...you already have two of the best "discriminators" made...your eyes...

Good luck...get some big ones!!!

When using the Extreme I go with Fixed(no tracking) and all metal. With mono use E and I also set Deep, seems to run more stable on hot ground, even though your ground is quiet won't hurt anything only gives a slightly different signal. On DD I always use all metal as well, unless you have a lot of iron laying around. At least those settings seemed to work for me.

Right or wrong this is what I was using on my Extreme:

Front: All metal-N-N-Fixed

Back: Deep

When you get a target and before you ever dig try the switches in different positions and

see what the response is...

Go slow and just touch the ground...if your in rocks or gravel just slightly tilt the detector

opposite the direction your swinging...that helps it over the rocks...

Good luck...get some big ones!!!

oops forgot, yes i am pretty much always in deep on the back.

but on the front, it doesnt say it but essentially doesnt the Rx switch mean, Normal=DD, E(Enhance)=Mono and Cancel = DD cancel?

It's been at least 5 years since I've read the book so you'll have to rely on what it says...