Nugget Shooter Forums

'bout time, hey?

pebblepicker

Hi all, Just figured I'd check in finaly here. I'm Phil and I live in Bozeman Mt. Most of my background is sluicing and dredging with a trip diving/dredging to Ak that took a couple of years to pay off. I am planning on going to GB in March with my virgin 4500 and a Gold Bug 11 that I inherited from my uncle. I am not beyond asking or begging for help with these gizmos; don't want your secret spots, just your secrets to these electrinics. See ya soon Phil

Perfect combo of beepers. You should also be able to find some great spots up there in MT once it thaws out. One thing about the 4500, read the manual over and over and over. Pay particular attention to all the hints in italics throughout the book. If you did not get one, I am sure Bill can help you out. Then start firing away with the questions.

Thanks all who replied or are thinking about it. I am quite serious about learning to use these things and would also like to learn how to do research on potential areas here in Mt. I love the hunt in whatever form it comes in. Looks like a friend will tag along with me, so with your help all we'll have to do is set the hook and there will be one more of us crazies running around. I look forward to coming down out of the cold -21 yesterday. I was at GB awhile back but had to leave too soon. See ya! Phil

i met a man from montana whos just got out of there before the bliards ,actually he drove through most of it getting down to gold basin/ thats about 2 months back now i guess i will have to see if i can find his phone number to call him and see how he is fairing out. his buddy was doing well in montana with the beeper and patches he found he would show him and he would dig the area and i guess sluice the material for fine gold. he showed me some and the gold was a sort of blackish but it was gold alright. im off to gold basin at the weekend and i will see if he is still there, curious to see how he is getting on/ i can only manage to get out there for a day at the weekends with work demands.