Nugget Shooter Forums

fur to catch fine gold?

Ed in SoDak

Actually the Greeks utilized sheep skins anchored to the creek bottoms to collect gold in ancient times as attested to through documents and drawn pics found. Problem is all fur is backed and does not allow penetration through and loads up quick and mats down quickly-party on fun isn't it though. I've crammed,rammed and jamed 1,000s a things under riffles and still trying out all the new latest--but not greatest-ungodly expensive materials-John :thumbsupanim

You guys should check out my goose sometime; lays some righteous eggs! If you're lucky I might even toss a few beans your way and you can get your own :thumbsupanim

I know that fur will catch fine gold, but did you know gold will catch fine fur?

Yes indeed! This finest fur is atttracted to gold and when you have a pocket full of it the fine fur seems to be everywhere. When you have no gold the fine fur seems to be with the guys that have the gold. Go figure.

I used to pan with an engineer from Rumania and he told me that they did it with sheepskins back there . They left them with the fur side up covered with rocks for the spring melt and then came back after the fast water subsided . Of course being caught with gold was a problem in itself .

Early Egyptians also used fleece to catch fine gold in some spots along the Nile......We must have some pussy haters here! I'm not overly fond of them either but we just got one to help keep the rodents under control. Seems like since we got chickens they come with more than eggs!

Chickens not only bring hoardes of mice,possum,racoons and ratz but BEAR luv'm too. Lost over 40 to a bear till he died of unnatural causes last year RIP-John :twocents:

We have all the problems listed by Hoser except the bears, not rats or mice either because we also have a problem with Yellow Rat Snakes they take care of the rats and mice but they LOVE to eat the eggs also and then can't get back out of the chicken wire until the egg/s digest so they just sit/rest in the nesting boxes, it a HOOT when the wife goes and sticks her hand into the nesting box and pulls out a 5' long Yellow Rat Snake :blink: :hahaha: and then the screaming starts :yikes: :shrug: she not afraid of snakes as long as she see them first, but her grabbing one when she doesn't know it's there sorta freaks her out for a bit!!! :yikes: :yikes: :shrug:

Skip

Chickens not only bring hoardes of mice,possum,racoons and ratz but BEAR luv'm too. Lost over 40 to a bear till he died of unnatural causes last year RIP-John :twocents:

Wow! :tisk-tisk: That bear huntin', gun-totin' guy from Alaskan Mold Rush is outta control! :arrowheadsmiley: But, I guess it worked out for your chickens John :thumbsupanim Terry :inocent:

Rattlers crawl in through the chicken wire but can't exit as the eggs bulge them out too large to crawl out again so CAUTION in rattler country,stupid snake killed Turk the MONSTER turkey who thought he was human-RIP ol'friend--just like the snake who bit him-no rip in pieces :*&$*(: --John