Nugget Shooter Forums

Now Oregon will shut out non res dredgers

Fsbirdhouse

Just recieved this action alert,

Oregon State Senators Atkinson, Haas and Bates have

introduced SB 765, which would tax suction gold dredgers

by charging a $50 annual fee for in-state dredgers and

a whopping $2,500 fee for out-of-state dredgers for each

county where the miner intends to dredge.

Under emergency status, this bill is now moving on fast-track

through the Oregon legislative process. If passed, these

unreasonable fees could be in affect for the upcoming season!

Please take a moment to contact the five Senators listed in

our Action Alert and express your disapproval of this bill

and remind them of the contributions miners make to the

state economy.

Our Action Alert can be found here:

http://www.goldgold.com/legal/SB765actionalert_1.htm

We need to do all we can to kill this totally-unreasonable

bill right now! Any help you can provide will be greatly

appreciated.

This is seriously bad news.

If we don't at least contact these five senators

we deserve everything that is happening to us.

The writing is on the wall - it is plain to see.

If we choose to ignore what is happening in Oregon for whatever reason we come up with to ourselves,

that is the attitude that will allow it to happen in the desert and the foothills next.

Mark my words.

I have emailed these five senators

I am contacting friends who are willing to do something.

Please do not let this issue slide past...

For once lets band together as a group

and make a serious effort to stop this bill.

Although we may not be able to see it right now,

a lot depends on what we do.

respectfully,

Flak

The anti-dredging cancer, the anti-hunting cancer, the anti-fishing crowd, the anti-farming crowd, anti-decency, anti-God, anti-law, and yes.......,the anti-America cancer is spreading like wildfire across our nation and who can stop it?

We are in the hands of those who have abandoned us.

The good is called evil, and evil good.

Sorry if all that sounds political, it is. About as much as I ever get.

By Jeff Laune

Rogue River Press

Rogue River------ A battle is stirring up between miners and fisheries groups. Mining groups claim that new gold dredging regulations announced by the Department of Environmental

Quality (DEQ) on August 2 are illegal, while environmental groups claim that the regulations are not strict enough.

New dredging permits will include new regulations to limit the size of dredges used by recreational miners to sift for gold in Oregon's streams. Fisheries groups claim that dredging destroys fish habitat, especially the gravel piles used by salmon and steelhead to procreate.

Mining groups claim recreational dredging has little impact on fish habitat and may in fact improve Oregon's rivers. Beth Moore of the DEQ explained that the new regulations are designed to limit the pollution released by dredging into Oregon's streams and rivers. These regulations come under section 402 of the Clean Water Act, which limits pollutant clouds in rivers and streams to 300 feet.

Now we also see that the greenie weenies and the fishy smelling types are saying again "Oh poor fishies those evil dredgers are taking homes away. The fishes have the right to the 'American Dream'. Fish have civil rights, you know!" So now these Dingleberries will probably weigh in to the proposed dredging rules. It be a hard battle for miners to win this one.

Bill C

Just as soon as I mentioned the Happy Camp Cancer moving to the Rogue River, I knew and warned this would happen. The New 49'rs are the Vector and support for them should cease and desist! It's like McCrak is a cult leader and all his minions just cannot see the problems they are causing. I suppose that Oregonians figure that if people were dumb enough to pay the new 49'rs $1500+ for dredging in open waters, they they could easily hook them for a $2500 dollar permit. At least they are keeping Oregon Dredging for Oregonians! I also think they will end up closing that area of the Rogue to dredging because of all this. Washington should act fast to prevent this cancer from gettin into their river system

All you Californians and other state residents that own claims in Oregon please send a thank you note to the new 49'rs

Just as soon as I mentioned the Happy Camp Cancer moving to the Rogue River, I knew and warned this would happen. The New 49'rs are the Vector and support for them should cease and desist! It's like McCrak is a cult leader and all his minions just cannot see the problems they are causing. I suppose that Oregonians figure that if people were dumb enough to pay the new 49'rs $1500+ for dredging in open waters, they they could easily hook them for a $2500 dollar permit. At least they are keeping Oregon Dredging for Oregonians! I also think they will end up closing that area of the Rogue to dredging because of all this. Washington should act fast to prevent this cancer from gettin into their river system

All you Californians and other state residents that own claims in Oregon please send a thank you note to the new 49'rs

Well El D. The next post I was going to make would echo yours. I was living in Oregon right near the Rogue at the time McCrak first starting publishing about his expeditions(only "experienced dredgers" were invited) that were prospecting the Rogue. No doubt trouble is brewing. McCrak just invited every entity against dredging to puke up their BS. After the 2010 invasion of the Rogue from the south it wouldn't take much imagination to figure what the Oregonians were thinking. This might not just Close the Rogue but might put the kebash to all of Oregon dredging.

I see McCracken as having provided an opportunity for many people to experience prospecting that is, in fact, their right to pursue under existing law. I don't think he is the problem, any more than the Wright brothers were responsible for all aircraft fatalities since their initial flight. He is pursuing his right to dredge and mine, and is encouraging others to do so as well. It is our right!

This isn't the first time Oregonians have pulled something like this against out-of-state'rs.

They used to charge exorbitant fees to non res campers in National forest camp sites as well. Californians mostly!

One thing for sure, miners are under attack everywhere in the West, and it isn't that we are misbehaving in the field, it is the environmentalists that operate on misinformation, disinformation, and exaggerations so profound they are just borderline lies, that are the enemy of us all. Not other miners pursuing their rights.

Better get out there and do it. McCracken or no McCracken, the Chicken Littles of this world have the money and the vote, and are not required to have the slightest bit of sense in how they use them.

Say goodbye....or fight!

Charging non-residents $2500 for a dredge permit, while only charging residents $50, appears to me unlikely to survive a legal challenge. Trouble is, the burden is on some non-resident to file the lawsuit.

Charging non-residents $2500 for a dredge permit, while only charging residents $50, appears to me unlikely to survive a legal challenge. Trouble is, the burden is on some non-resident to file the lawsuit.

Hello!

McCraken, are you listening?

It's only a half day drive for him to testify in Salem.

Some may see him as the problem, but some may see him as the answer as well.

I'll bet he will be in the middle of it, and on our side.

For whatever it's worth, I sent a note to the Senators listed about how little gold of theirs I expected to get, and how much money of mine I knew I'd spend locally trying to get it.

Your right about that. I don't think that very many Oregon residents will sign onto a lawsuit. It may be possible that this new legislation is the result of Oregon residents including prospectors contacting reps to thwart Californian dredgers. This aspect of miners fighting miners isn't good.

As for a legal challenge, discrimination by states is common, such as fishing and hunting licenses.

I see McCracken as having provided an opportunity for many people to experience prospecting that is, in fact, their right to pursue under existing law. I don't think he is the problem, any more than the Wright brothers were responsible for all aircraft fatalities since their initial flight. He is pursuing his right to dredge and mine, and is encouraging others to do so as well. It is our right! Please show me where in the Constitution is gives you the right to Dredge???

This isn't the first time Oregonians have pulled something like this against out-of-state'rs.

They used to charge exorbitant fees to non res campers in National forest camp sites as well. Californians mostly!

One thing for sure, miners are under attack everywhere in the West, and it isn't that we are misbehaving in the field, it is the environmentalists that operate on misinformation, disinformation, and exaggerations so profound they are just borderline lies, that are the enemy of us all. Read my last statement below Not other miners pursuing their rights.

Better get out there and do it. McCracken or no McCracken, the Chicken Littles of this world have the money and the vote, and are not required to have the slightest bit of sense in how they use them.

Say goodbye....or fight!

While I don't support the GPAA, I don't see them causing the same issues as the new 49'rs have and they certainly have provided thousands of more people the opportunity to learn about prospecting for gold. I fought for dredging in California for many years and now have said goodbye thanks to McCrak and his goons. Besides, I never found a 6+oz nugget dredging and have done so with a detector. But then, I have not had many ounce plus days over and over detecting like I used to do with dredging. You guys can do the fight but don't really expect all that donated money going to the cult leaders to actually help much. Just remember, this new(er) law has nothing to do with fish or treehuggers or twig cops and everything to do with the New 49'rs pissing on the Karuks!

Talk about hittin' the nail on the head El D! This new bill is aimed more at keeping Californian's out of Oregon rivers and streams than it is at shutting down dredging. Yes, the anti-dredging cancer is real, but Dave sending out "Action Alerts" trying to scare people is worthless to the fight. An email from a Californian is just going to make an Oregon lawmaker yawn. I mean seriously.. :grr01: Terry

Talk about hittin' the nail on the head El D! This new bill is aimed more at keeping Californian's out of Oregon rivers and streams than it is at shutting down dredging. Yes, the anti-dredging cancer is real, but Dave sending out "Action Alerts" trying to scare people is worthless to the fight. An email from a Californian is just going to make an Oregon lawmaker yawn. I mean seriously.. :grr01: Terry

And none will put them to sleep. (OOPs! I remember the old Bhagwan Shree Rashneesh days when the Oregon politicians couldn't even kick that Fudd out of their state. :rasberry: )

But it is 'more' about being anti-Californian then anti-mining, in Oregon's case.

But the net result is another blow to miners in general.

Now if I really wanted to dredge, well...... my mother-in-law would be getting some of my mail at her address in Salem, just to lay the groundwork for next year.

Just recieved this from Senator Whitsett

Thank you for your comments on Senate Bill 765. Senator Whitsett is strongly opposed to Senate Bill 765 and will actively work to stop its adoption. Your opposition to the Bill is on file with our office. Also, we recommend you contact the sponsors of this bill Senators’ Atkinson, Hass and Bates to voice your opposition, as well.

Warm Regards,

Judy Trego

w/ Senator Doug Whitsett

900 Court St. NE S-303

Salem, OR 97301

503-986-1728

sen.dougwhitsett@state.or.us

I guess this one isn't Yawning! Or asleep!

While I don't support the GPAA, I don't see them causing the same issues as the new 49'rs have and they certainly have provided thousands of more people the opportunity to learn about prospecting for gold. I fought for dredging in California for many years and now have said goodbye thanks to McCrak and his goons. Besides, I never found a 6+oz nugget dredging and have done so with a detector. But then, I have not had many ounce plus days over and over detecting like I used to do with dredging. You guys can do the fight but don't really expect all that donated money going to the cult leaders to actually help much. Just remember, this new(er) law has nothing to do with fish or treehuggers or twig cops and everything to do with the New 49'rs pissing on the Karuks!

El D,

Constitution? No, and it isn't in the Magna Carta either, but any attack against suction dredging IS an attack against all mining by increments, in limiting miners to methods that do not pay consistently, as you so eloquently stated above.

The right to mine is currently on the books in the 1872 mining laws, as we all here know.

I don't care what your beef with McCracken is, or his with the Karuks.

He who supports the law that gives us the right to mine in a responsible manner is my ally.