Nugget Shooter Forums

New guy here

whylee

Just wanted to say hi to everyone here. Im just getting started in this great hobby. Since I have 4 days a week off from work I figured I would finally get started and stop making excuses why I can not do this. I sold my motorcycles and bought my detectors. I have a Garrett Infinium and a Minelab GPX5000.

I have been practicing with both for a few weeks now and I cant wait until the snow melts so I can get out around here.

I live in Reno NV so im pretty close to some great areas in Nor cal and here in NV.Im looking forward to learning and paticapating with all here.

Way Cool and welcome WhyLee! Nothing like starting out with the best Gold Detector on the market today!

Good luck and Big Nuggets! :thumbsupanim Terry

I figured this is something I always wanted to do but either I did not have the extra money to buy equipment or I did not have time because of work. So I just made the decision to finally do it but if I did not buy good equipment I know I would always be second guessing myself and wishing I had just spent the money when I had it.

I have also just gotten a Whites GMT for the wife to use since they are so light and dont require headphones and they are very easy to use.

Whylee- Welcome to the forum. I also hunt with a GPX5000 and a GMT. You made the right decision getting the Best. I don't know how many Gold crumbs I've walked over in the last 2 years with my old 4500.But I can tell you I've found more nuggets /day than I ever did with the 4500. If you don't have the 8 inch Commander in your tool kit , get it !!!! It works REALLY well with the Fine Gold timing.I can't wait to see your pictures. Dave

Hi Whylee, Welcome aboard! :thumbsupanim

Sorta new around here myself. Great forum and lots of good folks and tons of info.

Just south of ya here in Minden. Looks like the snow is here to stay for a while. :wah2:

Steve

Hi Whylee, Welcome aboard! :thumbsupanim

Sorta new around here myself. Great forum and lots of good folks and tons of info.

Just south of ya here in Minden. Looks like the snow is here to stay for a while. :wah2:

Steve

I know, we are expecting more tonight. Im getting cabin fever here. Plus its going to really get cold for awhile so the snow is here to stay for awhile.