Nugget Shooter Forums

First Panning Adventure

christopher

I Went to the feather river a few weeks ago to try my luck at some panning. Ended up getting kick off a claim and leaving with 5 specs of gold. Here is the video.

It really pays to do a little research and find out if there is an active claim where you plan on prospecting PRIOR to going out. Most claim holders are willing to let people on their claims from time to time if they are contacted and asked politely before hand, especially if they are just panning. If you are lucky enough to get permission, be respectful and dont tear the place up and they will probably let you on again. And posting a video of yourself claim jumping on a public forum may not be the wisest idea either.

My advice would be to join a local club, most have claims that members can use and the yearly dues wont break ya.Also fellow members have years of experience and know the areas where you will likely be wanting to try. Most of the ol' prospecting coots I have met are some of the best people I know and would do anything to help a newbie out, as long as they are respectful.

Well Chris you've managed to acquire three firsts...#1 you managed to pull off a claim jump #2 you got your first gold #3 Your still alive after pulling off #1. I wouldnt make it a habit....but if the claim wasnt clearly marked well....good for you, just dont make it a habit...it could be bad for your health.

i thought i knew where the claim ended, the guy was really nice to me and said that im just in his boundary and i moved about 10 feet and was fine. i did my research.. but i wanted to get as close to that claim as i could. he was just a little upset cuzz i was near his holes and thought i was digging in them, and i wasn't. he didn't really ask me to leave he just told me i was on the claim and i said sorry and moved down. I did a lot more digging and experimenting but i was to busy to record. I'm not into jumping claims. ill have one this summer myself :D.

Guest Gripper

First GeoCommunicator then the office in Sacramento. Or just go to the office in Sac. and get the facts. Maybe the guy didn't have a valid claim at all.... Research or pay the price.

Gripper