Nugget Shooter Forums
1Sgt

Newbie in Yuma looking for info.

Hi folks! I am new to your group and am seeking a little info and/or help. Until recently I have been a coin shooter using a White Spectrum XLT. Success rate ran about 30 cents an hour in parks, fairgrounds, etc. Now I want to ramp up and start nugget shooting.

I retired the White and purchased a new Gold Bug in Quartzsite and have been playing with it a couple weeks. I have its basic operation down OK using a sample 0.2 gram nugget I also got in Quartzsite and the throw-down target that came with the detector. I took it to a couple parks in Yuma and maintained my 30 cents per hour coin recovery rate (yeah, a GB will do coins just fine!) Now, I want to start nugget shooting, but until I get some experience and practice I want to stay fairly close - maybe 1/2 hour to an hour drive- to Yuma.

Any suggestions on where I might go and be welcome would be appreciated.

Also I would be interested in joining a mining club locally, but I don't know who to contact - or even if there is one.

Thanks in advanced for any assistance!

1Sgt here are some free books that will point you in the right direction. BOOKS

I don't know of any clubs in yuma I am sure there are some. Good luck.

Rich

Welcome to the forum! I guess I am admitting to being familiar with Yuma, here goes: Check the Sunday newspaper, it lists the local club under meeting and organazations, also there is a local prospecting shop that can help you.

There is a coin shooting club too and a lot of them belong th the GPAA Chapter

I have recently got some other inquires from some newbies in Yuma and I can pass your info to him by PM if you like, let me know.

The winter visitor gold prospectors hang out over at the LTVA on Senators Wash, they are usualy a bunch camped togather directly across from the Chrisitan Center next to the canal.

The San Diego club has most of the claims around the potholes over there, just do a Google search for Southwestern Prospectors and miners Assoication 'SPMA".

Max

I could not find a web site for SPMA but here is the PH# 619-685-4488.

Bunk

:head: gotta luv this website :cigar: miners helping miners :eee: righteous :D

Bunk , I think they have a yahoo.group but I dropped out last year.and this Flu has me "Rum Dumb" right now ,20 days! I am still waiting on his PM.

Max

I could not find a web site for SPMA but here is the PH# 619-685-4488.

Bunk

Bunk , I think they have a yahoo.group but I dropped out last year.and this Flu has me "Rum Dumb" right now ,20 days! I am still waiting on his PM.

Max

Hey Max,

You'll live and I just got over it..... It was a rough ride.

I don't think Max has ever had his saddle on anything that he couldn't ride .....

Get well my friend. Hope to see you soon,

Patrick .....

Hey Guys, I rode this old bony devil over 3 MT ranges in the Copper Canyon country of old Mexico and he wasn't as rough as this flu!

Last time I had a fever of over 103 the Doc''s cut my jeans off and poured ice in my crouch, so this time I rode cold turkey , no saddle, never again!

Ever wake up after 24 hours thinking man! What a drunk ?

post-7251-0-45682700-1298684103_thumb.jp

I am in Yuma...lead mining 1 bullet fragment at a time. Drop me an email.