Nugget Shooter Forums

A first for me in Prospecting

lotsa luck

A man called me today to ask permission to prospect on of our claims. I was a little shocked and since he was very polite and respectable I not only granted a limited permission I also directed him in how to best take home some good color from it. Very nice call to get instead of just finding more claim jumping holes on the claim.

I hope he does well.

A man called me today to ask permission to prospect on of our claims. I was a little shocked and since he was very polite and respectable I not only granted a limited permission I also directed him in how to best take home some good color from it. Very nice call to get instead of just finding more claim jumping holes on the claim.

I hope he does well.

That was very nice of you, and very nice of him to call and ask, it's very refreshing!! :thumbsupanim

Skip

:*&$*(: Went dredging a few days ago trying out my new Reclaimanator and it looked like a war zone with all the holes dug everywhere. The CJer problem will be horrendous with all these insanely stupid mining shows. John

:*&$*(: Went dredging a few days ago trying out my new Reclaimanator and it looked like a war zone with all the holes dug everywhere. The CJer problem will be horrendous with all these insanely stupid mining shows. John

lets go up to alaska and find whats in the bottom of the glory hole. lol.

When I first arrived here in 1996 all the big ranches that had gold still had their old timer owners living

on the property...I always ask for permission to hunt and ALL of them would say yes....I would then ask them

if 10% of my finds was good enough and most of them would say yes that's fine...but wait until you have your

first kilo before you pay any %....

Then about seven years ago the rich politicans started buying up the ranchs around here...putting their hired

guns/foreman on the property and 100% of them say NO....the kids couldn't wait for the old folks to die

off so they could sell the ranches....

So now where I used to have 11 big ranches to beep I now have only two and their beat to death...so now I'm

going further and further away from home to beep....

Good on ya LL for being a nice guy!!!!

Asking is the way to go.

I've asked about 20 times and only been turned down maybe three or four times.

Some folks have been Burned and just don't want to go there.

Some folks are just Grumps. LOL!

Most are tickled to death you asked.

Never have been asked for a percentage.

I have been asked to look in specified areas and report findings.

I have been asked to Document what, were and amounts found.

It's a way for the Claim Owner to Do some digging with out going there.

Your Gas.

Your Time and Efforts.

Never left big holes.

Left with the place cleaner then when I got there.

Reported anything weird I came across.

Was even asked to take some photo's around the place a few times.

Guest Gripper

Don't fear the fake. Modern claim jumpers hammering goldless overburden on your claim will burn out fast. There is a television network that teaches people that they can get as much gold as T.M. does if they are willing to belive. Unfortunately T.M.s pan might be salted with Nome Gold much of the time. It's called mining the miners, and it has been going on longer than we have been around. The TV miner wannabees share one thing in common: they don't know what they are doing. So while they are beating up the overburden the oldtimers left, they are losing heart because they find nothing. Holes on your claim mean nothing except somebody dug a hole. No big deal, it didn't cost much to claim it, and it's not yours anyway, it's public land.

Something to fear, a group of Chinese miners that was warped from the 1800's to this time (especially if sombody sold them GPX 5000's). The work they did was unreal by our labor standards. Otherwise, these modern dudes with tons of fancy new gear pulling micro specs out of overburden are nothing to fear.

GPR

Gripper

Good post.

So true about the Chinese miners.

The amount of work and the detailed clean-up they did is amazing.

I remember dredging a 15 foot deep hole on one of the Mother Lode rivers

only to find a Chinese coin at the bottom. The bedrock was immaculate

and so were all the cracks in it.

Flak

Guest Gripper

Thanks for the reply Flack,

Maybe it's just my area (close to a town cslled Chinese Camp) but these old timers hit it hard. We have had floods since then that have changed things a bit, but on the whole the old timers were pretty thorough. If a guy is mining "today" in an area that has had Chinese workers in the area, he had better figure out where they didn't work if he wants to find bigger gold. It isn't a suprise to find cans/boot tacks/trash under feet of overburden in my area ot the Motherlode. Especially true of bigger rivers here.

Also think depression era miners. Guys trying to survive that didn't have ridiculous regulations on their project. They hit it hard too. But they were losing much find gold from their homemade boxes... These worked over areas could still be profitable nowadays (with a dredge).... Sorry if this doesn't fit the original post topic, I'm rambling at this point.

Gripper