Nugget Shooter Forums

Opinion about detector choice

Jesse

I have a opportunity to pick up a Lobo supertraq for about 270.00. But I found a barely used Gold Bug Pro version 4 that I can get for 475.00. I will be mainly nugget shooting so which one would you buy.

I have a opportunity to pick up a Lobo supertraq for about 270.00. But I found a barely used Gold Bug Pro version 4 that I can get for 475.00. I will be mainly nugget shooting so which one would you buy.

Dollar for dollar I'd buy the Supertraac thats one hellofaprice for it.

$270 for a Lobo SuperTRAQ is a GREAT find! Go for it. Much better machine - Terry

Hey is there anything that I should look out for when I test this detector. Like any problem issues should I bring some test gold. After I get this I will have to pick your guys brains on the best settings. A couple years back I had a MXT and never found gold but I did find birdshot so I think if gold was there I would have heard it. Is the Supertraq better than the MXT when nugget shooting.

Hey is there anything that I should look out for when I test this detector. Like any problem issues should I bring some test gold. After I get this I will have to pick your guys brains on the best settings. A couple years back I had a MXT and never found gold but I did find birdshot so I think if gold was there I would have heard it. Is the Supertraq better than the MXT when nugget shooting.

Make sure you test it with fresh batteries. Set the sensitivity to 7-8; Make sure the mode switch is in all metal; adjust the threshold to about the 12-1o'clock position, or until you hear a steady mosquito hum. Do some air tests (running a dime 6" from the coil, 10" from the coil, etc). Even if you had to send it to Tesoro for a tune up it is a good deal. - Terry