Nugget Shooter Forums

My version of the "Gold Lab"

FishFearMe2

Roger, nice set up, I like the self feeder. If you are catching gold in the sluice after it leaves the blue bowl, there is something wrong and I suspect it is the vibrator you are using on the blue bowl itself. In that video were you running the 30 mesh? if so, the running water level should be almost right to the top edge of the bowl (no vibrator). I have run this system a bunch (feeding with a spoon) and when run at the correct level for each screen size, no gold gets out! I am even using the blue bowl now for clean up the out of my cabbing machine and slabbing saw. Some of this stuff is easily 200- mesh and I get it all!

Roger, nice set up, I like the self feeder. If you are catching gold in the sluice after it leaves the blue bowl, there is something wrong and I suspect it is the vibrator you are using on the blue bowl itself. In that video were you running the 30 mesh? if so, the running water level should be almost right to the top edge of the bowl (no vibrator). I have run this system a bunch (feeding with a spoon) and when run at the correct level for each screen size, no gold gets out! I am even using the blue bowl now for clean up the out of my cabbing machine and slabbing saw. Some of this stuff is easily 200- mesh and I get it all!

Hello El. I am not loosing a bunch of gold. I am recovering very very fine gold with this system. Have you ever seen the video of the Gold Lab on The Prospecting Channel website?

I have made a close copy to his. He sells it for $1000 and it works very very well just to spendy for me so I made my own. I just shot a video a few minutes ago showing the drip feed but I wasn't paying attention to water speed in the Blue Bowl and let it slow down too much but I am trying to show the drip feed in the video Here is a link to that video........Thanks, Roger

I did, but you mentioned that any gold that get out of the bowl get caught in the sluice below....... maybe I miss interpreted that as something else.

Well what gold that gets out of the bowl is ultra fine maybe even some float gold. I'm just able to recover more gold with the sluice. You probably would be surprised as I was to see how much fine gold actually gets out . The vibrators really help to keep the gold settled down. The one on the hopper keeps the sand flowing through. Without it the dripper creates a hole in the sand and the flow stops.....Thanks, Roger

Nice plumbing. I use a blue bowl also I throw a little jet dry or dish washer soap in to help to break surface tension/make the water wetter. Sometimes a little mercury In the bottom of the bowl when cleaning a lot of gold dust. I find a few specs in the catch bucket. So I run every thing twice.

Nice plumbing. I use a blue bowl also I throw a little jet dry or dish washer soap in to help to break surface tension/make the water wetter. Sometimes a little mercury In the bottom of the bowl when cleaning a lot of gold dust. I find a few specs in the catch bucket. So I run every thing twice.

Thanks, yes the jet dry is a must to keep the float gold from floating. With the sluice underneath I only rerun what is in the sluice. There is where I recover the ultra fine gold that got out of the Blue Bowl.