Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Ron

Land grab worse than it seemed

This land grab is worse that I thought...It's not just the Vultures, it's everything...Rich Hill, and basically everything that is not within a city limit...Look at this map

Hey Unc, Just what does all this mean?

Bunk

Hey Unc, Just what does all this mean?

Bunk

Hey Bunk, It's big brother looken out for us. Not to worry!

Bill C

Locking up more resources for loan collateral!

I don't get what all is happening, can someone smarter than me explain it? Is the county taking over the BLM land or just the State land, or neither, or?

I'm also wondering what they mean on their webpage where they talk about the activities for future land use, they do list mining on it as a consideration for allowed ongoing activities. Anyone know what the rules will be regarding mining? Does it mean all that state land will be ungated and you can prospect on it?

:hmmmmm: I'm no good with reading this kind of stuff.

You referring to the to The bureau of Land of Missmanagement?

It means that as soon as the land grab takes place (which could take years or not at all) they will immediately close off all OHV traffic to any trails inside the new boundry. These trails & roads will remain closed until formal environmental impact assessments can be completed (which could take years). Areas will be re-opened to horseback riding, foot traffic, birdwatching and possibly paintball in sections they deem have made enough money from the fee`s you will have to pay to hike, horseback, and park your vehicle in the once public designated areas. Usually they like to close off hundreds of acres and call them wilderness areas, riparian enrichment corridors, habitat reclamation, wildlife management areas, so they "BLM" will no longer have to spend money to manage those zones. Prospecting you ask ? You can forget about that highly illegal destructive activity.

Actually I am just exaggerating,and kinda kidding around, but you never know with these guys and what thier motive or ultimate goal may be. The BLM makes money on mining claims so Im not to sure how they would handle the pre existing claims in the area....Probably nothing However , when they start talking about :

OHV driving / riding I think closures or segregation

Hiking / Horseback Riding I think environmentally friendy activities

Access to private / state land I think closed

Camping / day use I think more fees

Wildlife viewing / birding / siteseeing I think areas that need to be quiet(no OHV)

Mining / Ranching I think museums

Hunting with people bird watching? I think not

Energy transmission I think not likely

Special recreation permits I think cha-ching $$ for the BLM

Rock hounding, geocaching, paintball these things already exist

"for the land of the sheep.... and the home of the slave."

That's how the song goes right? -sport

:*&$*(: :eee: :nono: :pukes: sic sic sic .They will want to charge fees but the post a moth or so here from the RV folks win in court mandates specific services to charge a cent and BLM broke soooooooooooooo no services=no legal fees can be charged sooo the end plain and simple :grr01: we need a 1776 in 2011 :ROFL:

I'd have to believe that much of this land will be opened up to development. Housing projects, shopping centers, schools, prisons, etc. etc. Maybe even a hog farm or 2.

Whoa, that map is pretty intense. Sounds to me like a multiple use management area of some kind. Different than just wilderness, park, etc. but not excluding those designations. I know one thing, if those with mining interests, either recreational or otherwise don't get involved in the process, it won't work out well.

My favorite part of the map is the "special cultural resource" designation on the LSD, Vulture, etc. Large area. It could be mining but it sounds more like an Indian ruins to me. :baaasmiley:

One thing that's weird is that it's not just Maricopa county on the map, so...? Wish we had some more documentation.

You know its funny Ted, All the things they listed like OHV, Horseback riding,birdwatching Etc.. All that stuff is already taking place by the citizens on our public land. It sounds like the state just wants to jump in and regulate us...WTF is that ...lol So now we can go here but not over there, be sure to get your yearly pass too...lol this is crazy, however it could very well take years just to implement some of these new Regs....if any at all.

Once the public lands go under state control their disposition becomes even more political, and in the end, a transfere into private hands, and the general public is excluded.

You're right Adam, it's just that now it's time to pay, probably by daily, weekly, yearly sticker program similar to a "Red Rocks Pass". It'll come with rules like "off limits" "panning only" and "road closed".

Ah, the 70's... :rolleyes:

Well, perhaps we can create a forum center to organize our resistance to this ... If Bill or someone else already with a big community online doesn't want to be a center, then I, with my limited domain skills, will be willing to be a centerpoint to combat this govt. SB ... At both the county and BLM level, this is simply job security crap at the expense of our freedoms...What y'all think? Cheers, Unc

The AZOHVC is actively involved in trying to make sure these areas don't become stupidly over managed. However, since the economy is down donations and activity has also decreased. So they can't afford to keep the lobbyist on staff (the one who got the OHV sticker passed for us... it IS a good thing).

Most of this map isn't new. Really only the Vulture Mtn area has changed significantly. Although, since the map is out and has renewed attention, Sierra Club and other deep pocket organizations are all over it.

The AZOHVC is actively involved in trying to make sure these areas don't become stupidly over managed. However, since the economy is down donations and activity has also decreased. So they can't afford to keep the lobbyist on staff (the one who got the OHV sticker passed for us... it IS a good thing).

Most of this map isn't new. Really only the Vulture Mtn area has changed significantly. Although, since the map is out and has renewed attention, Sierra Club and other deep pocket organizations are all over it.

GlennM, can you expand on this..I don't quite understand what you are saying..Thanks, Ron

Well, perhaps we can create a forum center to organize our resistance to this ... If Bill or someone else already with a big community online doesn't want to be a center, then I, with my limited domain skills, will be willing to be a centerpoint to combat this govt. SB ... At both the county and BLM level, this is simply job security crap at the expense of our freedoms...What y'all think? Cheers, Unc

What do you have in mind Unc....?

This is a state issue brought about by your state republican friends, so it isn't big brother. You voted for it so why bitch? Take a look at what Dakota Slim posted and you will then know who is behind this. Looks like big business is going to get paid back big time and the little guy gets the screw.

Reg

Let me get this straight. On Arizona State Lands there is no rock, fossil, mineral, or meteorite collecting allowed at all. Ever. And, mining on State Lands is extremely limited, and rarely permitted, and a SITE-SPECIFIC permit is even required TO LOOK FOR minerals worth mining. And, it's tougher than a $2 steak to get a prospecting permit. And they want to do that for the Federal Lands too? Great, thanks a pant-load.

Hey, this latest idea of taking over BLM land ranks right up there with those wanting an official state firearm. So, I recommend this one.

post-449-0-09547300-1298952390_thumb.jpg

Cheer up, the republican governor's of Utah and Idaho are trying to seize federal land also. Watch Nevada, I suspect it will be next. Then, where will a guy hunt for gold?????

Reg

Both Rep and Dem have been land grabbing for years, yes BOTH. It is the government as a whole that is the problem and trying to blame one side or the other is a waste of time. That is how they keep us at bay... Let us fight over who's side is more wrong while it is business as usual in government.

Blinded by Faith...er...politics

Really now, "My side is better than yours" there are hundreds of examples of both parties doing the exact same things... It would be laughable if it wasn't our countries future.

To much time throwing stones at each other and not paying attention has led to this mess and it is time to stand together to fix the mess.

There are a couple threads leaning to become a rep vs dem thread and I will NOT tolerate this crap here and as much of this discussion is important to the hobby the pissing matches are not....

This forum is not about taking sides and frankly what "side" anyone is on matters not here when we discuss gold prospecting and detecting like adults...

:twocents: