Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

travisp83

Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 MD Question...

I was wondering if this old BH Pioneer 101 detector is any good? I have had it for years but never really used it and now that I have found out there is gold all over an area close to me, I decided that I wanted to try to find some coins/relics and possibly maybe some gold out that way..

Question is, is this machine good at finding gold nugs or is this a cheapo that is only good at finding coins?

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Will be heading out tomorrow morning and will be giving it a try.

I was wondering if this old BH Pioneer 101 detector is any good? I have had it for years but never really used it and now that I have found out there is gold all over an area close to me, I decided that I wanted to try to find some coins/relics and possibly maybe some gold out that way..

Question is, is this machine good at finding gold nugs or is this a cheapo that is only good at finding coins?

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Will be heading out tomorrow morning and will be giving it a try.

No good for gold (unless it is a half-ounce nugget or bigger at 7" or less); not good in heavy, mineralized soils; good for relics and coins to a depth of 7"-9" :thumbsupanim Terry

Thanks for the quick reply! I will take it out in the trails with me in the older areas of town to see if I can find me some silver and civil war relics. :)

:thumbsupanim now thats the required attitude--not good but workable to get enough $$$ to buy bigger and better :inocent: goes a long way in mining and tons a au 2 u 2-John :whoope: