Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia Revisted

Howdy folks, here is another hunting adventure, actually a short one from Franconia. I like shooting the video and got a new Flip camera for Christmas, so the quality is a bit better than the first ones produced. Enjoy, and happy hunting, Jason. ;)

Howdy folks, here is another hunting adventure, actually a short one from Franconia. I like shooting the video and got a new Flip camera for Christmas, so the quality is a bit better than the first ones produced. Enjoy, and happy hunting, Jason. ;)

Nice Video! Will be there in about 1 hour 15 minutes!!

Jim

Aloha Jason,

Nice video work there Jason. Will be out there next weekend for sure with some new mods on my SD2200 so looks like my GMT will be getting some much needed rest.

When I got back to Vegas I noticed that I now have three specimens almost identical to each other in size and weight but a liitle different in coloration. Go figure!

Aloha and see you out in the field.

Stan aka Ka'imi

Aloha Jason,

Nice video work there Jason. Will be out there next weekend for sure with some new mods on my SD2200 so looks like my GMT will be getting some much needed rest.

When I got back to Vegas I noticed that I now have three specimens almost identical to each other in size and weight but a liitle different in coloration. Go figure!

Aloha and see you out in the field.

Stan aka Ka'imi

Hey Stan...thought you were going to be out there this weekend!

2-12-2011 – Today’s Franconia hunt found Wendy and I wondering where Stan was. We hunted the North side and recovered 5 meteorites! I found the first and after logging it, got a hot signal. Knowing Wendy needed to find her first one, I called her over and asked her to hunt that area. Well she found the her very first one….and then another….and then another!

What was strange was that these meteorites were in a line! We found all of these 1 hour into our hunt and about 20 minutes apart. I found my second one at the end of the line and that was it for the day. Also found 1 50 cal bullet, 2 – 30 cal bullets and 1 50 cal shell. We search the area for another 2 hours and then moved on. As we were returning to the truck, we met up with a gentlemen named Ed. He was riding around on his ATV and hunting a little. Said he knew Ruben and had bought Ruben’s GB4 from him. Good day and great weather. Never did hear anyone on the radio.

So today...

Wendy

1 - 1.6g OC (first ever!)

2 - 3.1g OC

3 - 1.5g OC

Jim

1- 1.1g OC (First of the day)

2. 6.7g OC

All nice specimens!

We are looking forward to the Hunt next weekend. May end up hunting the South side.

Jim

Stan, I hope to be out there too, we'll have to see if I can make it... :ph34r2: :tisk-tisk:

Terry, thanks. I like getting out there and GB too. :whoope:

SIN, thanks for the comments. Shooting video is fun and trying to make it worth it for those new to the hobby. :arrowheadsmiley:

Jim, CONGRATS!!!!!! Let see those pictures... :wubu: :whoope:

Jason ;)

Hey Jason, Cool Video!! I Like it!!, and some very nice finds!! Looks like Stan got a nice one too!! Great!!! Spent my Sunday hunting for coldies North of Little Field, Az. no finds, but I found a rimfire 0.45 ca. 1873-1891 revolver casing which was different. Good Hunting!! Clifton

Hey Jayray!!

Nice video, and finds from you and Stan.... Congrats.... See you there or at gold basin sometime.

Dave