Nugget Shooter Forums

sluice box

takos

I building a similar one out of square drain. The baffle downstream of the cons is a good idea. I wonder if an adjustable gate would work so I can dump all of the cons at once? Then I could sit back, pump aluminum(aka, aerobic beer drinking) and watch the gold collect!

Bill C

I building a similar one out of square drain. The baffle downstream of the cons is a good idea. I wonder if an adjustable gate would work so I can dump all of the cons at once? Then I could sit back, pump aluminum(aka, aerobic beer drinking) and watch the gold collect!

Bill C

Just make yourself an auto feeder on a stand out of another piece of gutter or a V shaped piece of sheet metal with it tapering down to a funnel tip with a trickle of water to wash the cons into your cleanup sluice and go pump aluminum and check on the sluice/feeder from time to time, you can also buy an auto fedder if you don't want to make one, there are several companies making them. :thumbsupanim

Skip

Another easy auto feeder is a piece of 4" ABS sewer pipe with a glue in plug in the end with a 1/4" hole drilled in the bottom and the top side of the pipe cut open to dump the concentrates in and a trickle of water to wash it down. The pipe is real slick on the inside and is cheap. Doug.

Another easy auto feeder is a piece of 4" ABS sewer pipe with a glue in plug in the end with a 1/4" hole drilled in the bottom and the top side of the pipe cut open to dump the concentrates in and a trickle of water to wash it down. The pipe is real slick on the inside and is cheap. Doug.

Well if that ain't a slick idea and I'll get me a length of dowel and taper the end to jam in the hole from the inside to stop flow if needed.