Nugget Shooter Forums

Meteorites and MXT?

Hi Machinistman

Yes !! I'm not too familiar with the mxt but if it has a fixed or manual ground balance and an all metal mode those are the best to hunt in . Don't use tracking or auto ground balance settings and any discrimination will tune out iron which is what your looking for. Happy Huntin John B.

Hi Machinistman

Yes !! I'm not too familiar with the mxt but if it has a fixed or manual ground balance and an all metal mode those are the best to hunt in . Don't use tracking or auto ground balance settings and any discrimination will tune out iron which is what your looking for. Happy Huntin John B.

Thanks!:)

Hi Machinstman,

Yes it will... I had a mxt I used at gold basin.... and it found its share of meteorites!! But dont use auto, manual works best. Also bring a test meteorite with you, and you will do fine.

Aloha,

Like Dave says: That auto tracking will cancel out any good find. So I usually only start out in Auto tracking and once I get a decent ground balance I switch to manual tracking ground balance again. I also switch my iron id forward and use the boost signal mode just because I really dont want to miss any small/faint signal. Hey, every little piece counts as far as I am concerned.:thumbsupanim

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Ka'imi

Hi Dave,

I always used the 9.5" eclipse 950 search coil it came stock with, that was a meteorite gettin coil .... I also had the small 4x6 elliptical dd shooter coil, I used for small gold. But the mxt was my first detector I started using at gold basin, loved that machine, as I also used it a lot finding coins and artifacts.

Dave